chapter 11- saved by a miracle

Reid woke up on his own. His mind was instantly bombarded with thoughts and emotions he had forgotten about during his sleep. The young agent wondered if his friends would ever find him, if they were even remotely close. The truth was, for the very first time Spencer had no idea. He sincerely thought he would die here, by the hands of Jason Gacy.

"Speak of the devil," Reid muttered as he noticed Jason walking through the side door. The aroma of fries and American fast food filled the room.

"You haven't eaten in a while, is that correct?" Gacy asked.

"No I haven't." Reid slurred his words, he was still attempting to fully wake up his body.

"Good, you'll be eating today. Only AFTER our activity."

Reid heard the two sentences Gacy spoke but chose to focus on the fact he would be eating today. He was starving, and he felt as if his insides was eating itself.

"I have a question for you Dr. Reid. Statistically speaking, what are the chances your team finds you alive."

"My estimate would be 33%."

"The correct answer is 0%. I'm killing you today, and i'm planting your body right outside the police station for them to find. My god so can't wait to see the look on their faces when they realize it's to late." Jason spat.

"Wait, i'm supposed to have one more day. You said you would kill me tomorrow, not today!" Reid pleaded, but he knew Gacy had already made up his mind. His friends, his family, would find him dead.

"Let's get you out of these.." Jason spoke to himself as he cut the ropes that strung Reid's arms above his heads and to the ceiling.

The young agents' body collapsed on the floor. He had been strung like that for two days and his body was sore. The sudden fall re-opened the stitches in his gut and he let out a large moan of pain. His whole body ached.

Jason placed his shoe on top of Reid's now open wound, resulting in a small grunt. Again, the agent attempted to refrain from making noise to take away that pleasure from Gacy. Spencer felt shivers go down his spine and a sudden coldness washed over his entire body, though he still fell almost completely silent.

"Well now you're taking all the fun out of it!" Jason yelled just before he kicked Reid in his side, causing him to roll over. "Put this on." Jason tossed Reid his button up shirt.

"When your friends find your body I can't have you half naked, and i'm certainly not dressing a dead man."

Reid slid on the light purple button up shirt and buttoned it partially. He was now sitting straight on the floor, his hands behind him supporting his weight as he let his head fall backward. The ground was concrete and it was disgusting. Reid was already thinking of how many germs was on his body right now.

Jason turned back and started strangling the agent. Reid was weak and his lack of food didn't help that. His face turned a light red and he felt himself falling asleep. Spencer saw a light. It was at the end of a long, dark, tunnel and all he had to do was walk towards it. As he got closer, he felt a sudden relief. Like all the pain that he was feeling, the burdens were lifted off his shoulders. Of course, this didn't last for long, as he assumed he was resuscitated. Reid did not want to die, and in fact he had never even thought of the fact that he would die and it would probably be on this job.

His body almost shot forward as he let out a large coughing fit, unable to catch his breath.

"Ready for round 2?" Jason questioned.

"FBI Put your hands above your head right now and step away from him!" A man shouted. That man was Derek Morgan.

Jason put his knife to Reids throat and threatened to end it all.

"Relax, agents. Put your gun down, or the boy dies."

The agents did not hesitate to shoot and Gacy fell to the ground. The SWAT team ran towards Jason's body and cuffed him while the BAU team ran towards Reid.

Hotch and Morgan helped the young agent up.

"Reid, you alright?" Hotch questioned.

"I will be." Reid answered. Each member gave him a tight embrace and helped him towards the ambulance where he could be taken to the hospital to get treated.