Chapter Nine

Gabriel

I grabbed my briefcase, tossed my coat over my arm, and exited my office. I had back-to-back meetings with potential clients and investors and was more than ready to head home. It's been a stressful week of unhappy customers, horrid presentations, and our boss breathing down our necks.

I needed a fucking break and planned to take off the following weekend and drive to visit my family. I needed something familiar to surround me and keep me sane. I spoke with them every day, but nothing beat being home.

Nothing beat my mother's home cooking and how my father smelt after smoking too many cigars. I missed it. It was home, and I needed a reprieve. I hadn't seen them in almost a year and knew a visit was overdue.

My mother would surely give me the silent treatment when I first showed up, but she'd thaw over eventually, and my cousins would give me hell for working in an office like a zombie, but I'd take their crap happily.

I parked my car, grabbed my stuff from the backseat, and headed toward our apartment door. I could hear the thumping of music from inside the apartment and knew Opal was singing karaoke again, horribly and very loudly.

It wouldn't be too long before someone called the cops on us. I unlocked the front door and walked in to see Opal and Kat singing loudly to Adele, with Xavier recording them while sipping on a margarita. I closed the door and leaned against it in admiration as I saw the angel wearing shorts too short for her to wear around me.

They had my cock twitching and my hands shaking with a need to slip 'em to the side and fuck her against the wall. They were red with a lacey end, and she wore a matching shirt on top, and her hair swayed side to side with every sashay of her hips.

That color looked too sexy on her pale skin. I wanted to peel every layer off her and appreciate every inch of her body with my mouth. Fuck. I was getting harder with every sway of her hips and every hair flip.

Opal was beside her in leggings and an oversized Lakers shirt as she backed her friend up by dancing around her and singing in the background. The song ended, and they were both sweating and catching their breath.

I clapped loudly, catching their attention. Opal bowed without a care while Kat looked flushed and breathless as she chuckled awkwardly.

"You guys have horrible voices, by the way," I said.

"Like you can sing Rolling in the Deep better than us." Kat challenged.

I grinned at her taunt and crossed my arms over my chest. "I can, but why would I waste my talent on you three?" 

"He has a nice voice, actually. I've heard him sing in the shower." Opal said.

"You eavesdrop when he showers?" Kat asked.

For a moment, I swear she looked annoyed. Was my little friend jealous? But then, whatever flashed across her face vanished, and she handed me the mic.

"I want to hear you sing."

"Absolutely not."

"Please." She pouted, and I almost kissed it away. "I'll buy you basketball tickets."

I chuckled at her bribe. "Tempting, but no. I need to shower."

I handed her the mic back and walked past her to get to my bedroom. There was a knock, and I went to open the door while grabbing my clothes.

"Yeah?"

"Did you eat yet?"

"I had lunch, but that was hours ago. Tell me you're ordering something."