Chapter Three

Gabriel

"I fucking love this song! Get up. We're dancinggg!" Opal shouted as she dragged a drunk Kat out of her chair and onto the overcrowded dance floor.

I faintly recognized the beat playing and thrumming in the bar. Even though I shouldn't be concerned with the Slavic Princess of Nicetown, I couldn't pry my eyes away from her. It was that little dress that hid nothing but showed everything.

Those long legs that would look so fucking good over my shoulders, those perfect tits that I'd love to taste, bite, and feel scrape against my chest as I pounded into her.

Godfuckingdamn.

The silk material did nothing to hide those hips and curves from my hungry eyes. She moved greedily, insatiably to the beat of the music, swaying her hips, roaming her hands in her hair and down her body. It was sexy.

Really fucking sexy.

She wasn't even trying. She was dancing with Opal, smiling and laughing and messing around, yet it felt like fucking roleplay as I watched her. The lights flashing and blinking added to the sexy appeal and illumination of her delicate facial features.

My eyes skirted over every inch of her as if I was trying to commit her to memory.

"You like her, don't you?" Xavier spoke.

"I'm just making sure they're safe," I grumbled in response, forcing my eyes to look away.

"Uh-huh." He said mockingly.

I saw Opal lean in to whisper something in her ear, and she nodded before Opal left the floor and ran over here.

"We need more drinks!" She said in a sing-song voice.

She pulled out her purse, reapplied lipstick, checked her makeup in the compact mirror, and headed to the bar. My eyes found their way back over to Kat, who now had some guy glued to her back as he danced with her. His hands spanned across her waist and stomach, and my hands clenched as I watched her with evident jealousy.

Stupid, irrational jealousy.

"Gabe!" Xavier shouted and clapped his hands in front of me. "Jesus. I've been calling your name for the past ten minutes. Listen, see that guy over there."

He tilted his eyes over to where a guy in a suit was leaning against the barstool, watching Xavier with dark eyes.

"He has not taken his eyes off me since I walked in."

"He's handsome." I acknowledged. "You gonna hit that?"

He chuckled in response, hiding his growing grin. "What do you think?"

He stood up and walked over to the bar slowly, casually. I sat on our table alone, watching Opal and Kat drinking and dancing with men while Xavier flirted with some guy.

I downed the drink in my hand and leaned back in my chair, pitifully watching everything happen.

I was in a bar packed with beautiful women. Women I could easily charm, hook up with, or even date. Yet, none of them appealed to me. It was like my attraction radar was off or broken because it only dinged and went off around Kat.

I knew what the appeal was; only a stupid or blind man wouldn't, but what I didn't get was why her? I don't think I ever had a type.

Now, it was like the only type I had was Slavic, annoyingly sensitive, moonstone blonde hair that shined underneath the strobe lights and big blue eyes that could devour a man's soul if needed.