Epilogue

Epilogue- One Year Later

Gabriel

I placed my fingers over my neck and then once more over my wrist to check my pulse.

"What are you doing?" She asked, cocking her hand on her hip.

"Making sure I'm alive because with how good you fucking you look right now, I must be in Heaven." 

"You're too smooth for your own good."

"Give me a spin. Let me see how fucking good that dress looks on you."

She spun around, and I groaned at the backless aspect of the dress I bought for her for tonight. She lifted her hands and spun back around. I never thought buying this woman dresses and strappy heels would become a kink, but over the time we've spent together, it's all I've done.

Buy her something and then fuck her in it as soon as we get home, sometimes in the car if I can't hold back. I had memorized her size in her clothing, heels, and lingerie.

Katarina wasn't the type to care about these types of things. My woman made enough money to spoil herself, but there was something fucking primal about seeing her in items I bought for her with my own money.

The dress she was wearing now was a backless red silk dress with the sexiest deep plunge that showcased her breasts and reached above her knees. Her legs were donned in one of the many strappy and laced-up beige heels.

She had her hair curled loosely, and it fell and bounced down her back with every step she took. Knowing how much I loved the color red on her, she painted her lips a darker crimson color, and it was bold and sexy.

I didn't care how much skin was exposed, and I didn't care that her tits would spill out if she bent down because I wanted the entire fucking world to know she was mine. She'd always and only be mine.

They could stare, but they couldn't touch. Anyone that dared to fucking touch her would die trying, and that was the truth.

We were having dinner tonight for our one-year anniversary, but what Katarina didn't know was that I was going to propose tonight. I've been planning this night for four months now, and thankfully Opal and Xavier have been helping me.

I rented out the restaurant we had our first date since that's when I first met and fell in love with her, and Opal thought it was perfect. Xavier helped me pick out the engagement ring. A stunning princess-cut diamond engagement ring, and I could feel it in my chest pocket with every breath I took.

She thought we were heading somewhere fancy, and I wondered if she could tell I was nervous and wearing an entirely new suit. I wanted tonight to be perfect because that's what she deserved. I didn't want to ruin her makeup, so I wouldn't kiss her, but tonight it'd smear that lipstick all over her face.

The drive to the restaurant was calm and quiet, with soft music playing in the background. I hoped I looked as calm and collected as I thought I was in my head, or else she'd see right through me.

I could never lie to Kat or hide anything from her. This woman knew me too well, and I, her. She looked confused as I parked the car at the restaurant. I helped her out and hooked her hand in mine.

"Gabriel." She whispered harshly. "You said we were going to Providence."

I opened the door, and her eyes went wide as I walked her in first. It was romantically lit with yellow flickering lights, flower petals covered the entire ground of the restaurant, and there was a trail of candles on the ground that led to the booth we sat on.

Even her favorite song Baby, I'm Yours, by Arctic Monkeys, played in the background. Finally, she stopped walking, and I pulled out my ring just in time for her to turn around.

I got down on my knee and reached for her hand. She was already crying, her hand shaking in mine while the other covered her mouth in shock.

"Katarina." She sobbed in response, and I kissed her hand. "Do you remember the first time we met?" She nodded enthusiastically. "I fell in love with you from the first moment you walked through those doors.

I saw you, and I thought this woman is the most beautiful woman to walk this Earth. Our first date didn't go as planned." I chuckled, and she smiled through her tears. "Then we became friends. You were so close to me, so familiar, and I thought I'd take you however way I can get you."

I swallowed thickly. "I've been in love with you for so long that it's all I'll know; it's all I'll ever know. You are my best friend, my soulmate, and the love of my fucking life. Baby, you are it for me.

You once asked me if I've ever met someone special that I envisioned my entire life with. Do you remember?" She nodded. "You. It's always been you. You're the only person I want to spend the rest of my life with.

You're the only person I want to spend the rest of my life loving and caring for. You. Just you. Always just you. I love you with everything I am. So, Katarina Palvin, will you marry me and make me the happiest man on Earth?"

"Yes! Yes!" She cried loudly. I barely put the ring on before she fell to the ground and wrapped her arms around my neck. "I love you, too."

"You were worth it all. You were worth the heartache. You were worth the wait."

She cried harder, if possible, and kissed me through her tears.

"You were worth it, too. I love you. Only you. Always."

"Only you. Always." I promised.

A/N: Annnnnnd that's a wrap on Worth It. Wow. It's crazy to think this story is finished. Worth It holds a special place in my heart. I loved writing Gabriel and Katarina. I loved the tension, the angst, the push, and pull, and I loved their love. I hope you enjoyed and loved them as much as me.

The next story I'm currently working on is Mafia but not your usual Mafia. It's different. It's Mexican Cartel and Arab Clan, involving my very first Arab MMC. I've personally never seen a Mafia story with an Arab male or female lead, so I hope I do it justice. Any news regarding this story will always be posted up on my Instagram.

Follow me for teasers, clips, and more. @labellewriter :')