•21•

(the following occurs during chapter 18-20)

~Alberts P.O.V~

It had been some time since I left her house. I needed to make sure she was okay.

I pulled into the next parking lot which just so happened to be a Target. I might have to go shopping. I thought to myself.

Once I parked I took out my phone and scrolled through my contacts clicking on, the one named 'Hails💅💕'.

For a moment my finger hovered over the call button. I needed to hear her voice, there's no way to truly tell over text of someone's okay.

Right before pressing the call button I quickly changed my mind and opened a chat with her.

I sent a few texts, yes I'll admit I double text.

'Hey. '
'Can we talk?'
'Are you safe?'
'Did he hurt you?'
'Hello?'
'I need to talk to you.'
'Kaden and Raven aren't telling me anything.'
'Are you there?'

Okay fine. Maybe I do more than double text.

The only reason I added in the Kaden and Raven text is because I know those two (K & R) are always together and I know the both of them talk to her a lot.

After I sent those messages and didn't get a response I decided to treat myself in the only way I thought would help me cope: Roblox Toys.

You may be thinking: Albert. You're a man in your 20's, why are you collecting toys that are geared towards kids?

My response is simply: Noob. It's for the special codes that some packs offer to get free gears. Why are you so pressed? Teehee :)

I walked through Target to the toy section all the way in the back, man this is a workout.

I found the aisle with the Roblox Figures and proceeded to look for ones that had exclusive item codes or ones that I didn't have. Even if they didn't have the codes for free exclusive items I would still collect them.

I finally found this long box with lots of figures and sets in the package. In the top left corner it had a red sticker label stating there was an item code inside.

"I have to buy this." I said, to no one. I was in the aisle alone...sort of depressing isn't it.

Man if she was here I wouldn't be alone. She's probably laugh at my jokes, or goof around with the foam swords in the same aisle. She'd most likely boast about the Fortnite figurines next to the foam swords. So of course you know I would buy both for her, a sword and a Fortnite character.

As I was leaving the aisle I almost ran into a small boy with his mother.

"Mom that's the one I wanted!"

"Honey that one is pretty big, which means it's probably expensive. Young man, how much is that Roblox toy you have there?" The woman asks me.

I turn around and look at the box, then look to the mother. "I think it's about $50. Only because there's multiple characters, sets, and an exclusive item code that only people who get these codes get the items in Roblox."

"That's actually not as bad as I thought." She looks on the shelves. "Is that the last one?" She asked me.

"Yeah I believe so. But they do have times of other smaller and cheaper sets with item codes as well." I say as I began to turn around but am stopped by the kids wining.

"Mom I want that one! It has a skeleton guy!" The kid said through non visible tears.

I slowly started to walk away and disappear between the aisles.

I have no clue what I would say to her if she had asked me to give it up just for her son to have it.

I payed for the item and went back to my car.

I can't believe I got it. I was SO going to use this code when I got home.

I looked down at my phone to see if there was any response and there was.

Hails💅💕

'Listen here you idiot. I'm sick and tired you hear me? Sick and tired of how you treated us. We are her friends, old friends that she hasn't seen in the longest time. You had no respect for us which means you have no respect for her. I don't know that she even saw in you. Lose this number. You don't need to be causing her any more pain.

I stared at the screen taking in everything that I just read. That wasn't her. Could it be...one of them? I assumed it was judging by the grammar used.

I began to type..but then stopped. What do I even say to this? I started typing a smaller message than what I originally planned..I guess this would be good enough.