Chapter 3

Abhimanyu opened his eyes, all he can see is dark. He with calculated steps moved forward while waving his hands in air with every step he took forward. Even after several steps he is still in darkness.

Koi hai? he asked none in particular. But there is complete silence. After a few seconds....a light bloomed at the center of the room. With the sudden beam of light Abhimanyu immediately closed his eyes. Once he adjusted himself he opened his eyes and looked at the place where light is beaming.

Akshu.... is all he can say. The light focused on Akshara who is playing with a baby at the center of the room.

Akshara who heard her name from a familiar voice turned towards the direction....Abhi she said and smiled at him. She immediately stood up with her baby in her arms and said...Itni der kyu ki Abhi? Kabse tumhara intezaar kar rahi hu.

Chalo koi nahi, tum aayi tho sahi. Idar aao she said extending her hand.

Abhi is happy very happy to find Akshu and he started walking forward to reach her extended hand, however he felt a tug on his hand. He turned back to see who is stopping him to reach his Akshu.

Maa... he said as Manjari is holding his hand in a firm grip. Kaha jaa raha hai Abhimanyu? she questioned.

Maa Akshu... he said pointing towards her. Waha Akshu nahi hai Abhimanyu... Manjari said.

Abhi immediately turned towards Akshu, who is still in same position with her out reached hand for Abhimanyu to hold. Abhimanyu immediately turned to Manjari...Maa Akshu hai maa vaha. Mera aane ka intezaar kar rahi hai maa, mujhe uske paas jana hai he said in desperate voice and took a step towards Akshu.

Manjari pulled him and cupped his face and said...Akshu nahi hai Abhi. Who tumhe chod kar cheyli gai. Thu uski brahm mai hai Abhi she said and started walking away while dragging him.

Abhimanyu looked at Akshu who had tears in her eyes and she was saying something which is not audible to him.

While he is walking away with Manjari, he felt a tug on other hand. He stopped in his tracks and looked on his other side.

A little girl is holding his hand...please don't go she requested him. Before Abhi could react Manjari dragged him saying...Abhi tune Neil ko promise kiya tha ki uska baccha ka dhyan rakunga, tu uss promise se piche mud nahi sakthi. Faltu tu ki baathe mat sunn.

All the while Abhimanyu is looking at the little girl who is asking him to not leave and Akshara crying with the baby in her arms.

Time passed by and Abhimanyu reached the same place while panting where he was earlier, but again the place is dark just with a faint light that was falling on the little girl whose eyes were down casted.

Abhimanyu immediately rushed towards the little girl and scooted in front of her, the girl slowly lifted her eyes from the ground and looked into eyes and said...aap ne der kardi, aap ne der kardi papa and disappeared leaving Abhimanyu in darkness.

Noo.... Abhimanyu woke up. He is sweating and his breathing is irregular. He looked around, he is in his room. He wiped his face and poured himself a glass of water.

He moved towards the room for fresh air to calm himself, but it is doing nothing to calm his mind.

.....

All the goirla's gathered in GH, as today is Aarohi's godhbharai. All the family members exchanged few pleasantries and seated themselves.

The function started and Aarohi is escorted by Swarna. The ritual started, and all the women present showered Aarohi with gifts and blessings.