𝙩𝙝𝙧𝙚𝙚

·· 𝙥𝙞𝙩𝙮; 𝙣𝙤𝙧𝙖 & 𝙢𝙖𝙩𝙩 ··
*.·:·.✧ ✦ ✧.·:·.*

2 years ago

it was the night before their sophomore year.

"That's a stupid question," Nora said as she turned to Matt, both of them laying on his bed.

They had this ritual where they all slept in the triplet's house the night before school started.

Matt and Nora had slipped away from the living room and were now laid across his bed.

"Okay... Then, biggest fear?" Matt said smiling.

She thought for a second before her eyes were saddened.

"Hey, what's wrong?"

"I think my biggest fear is turning out like my mom,"

Matt stared at her with wide eyes, he wasn't expecting something so serious. 

"Wh-What do you mean?"

"Did I ever tell you the real reason we moved to Boston,"

"Yeah... Your dad found a higher-paying law firm-"

"That's what I tell Ethan and Geral,"

"My dad always managed a way to cheat on my mom. Always. I never understood why, she was beautiful young, and smart- All the stuff that makes you not want to cheat on a woman. Anyways... Every time a cheating scandal would blow up, we would skip town," Nora explained as she looked up at the ceiling not really wanting to make eye contact at the moment.

"I always questioned why she never left. Left and took us with her... Now  I just think she couldn't have done that. She is just a housewife, how is she going to trade her life for a life with nothing? She also could have never paid attorneys for a custody battle, and even if she won, how would she raise money to raise three kids," Nora explained her reasonings as Matt grabbed her hand.

"So instead she took all those hits, she kept quiet, Just to live a 'happy life'... So I guess my biggest fear is feeling powerless in my own home,"  Nora said as she closed her eyes.

Matt quickly smuggled her.

"Hey! you know how we both feel about pity," She commented as they both chuckled.

"This hug isn't for you, it's for me. I just wanted a hug," Matt said as Nora rolled her eyes, smiling.

"I am being serious Matt, I hate pity. You know this," Nora said as she tried to let go of him.

"Eleanor, this is a selfish act. I want to hold you," Matt said in her ear as goosebumps made their way toward her body.

"Fine," She said as she relaxed onto his touch.
Matt spooned her as they stayed quiet.

"What's your biggest fear?" She muttered as he snuggled more to her side.

"Mine feels stupid now... Elevators," Nora giggled as he did too. They both settled into a comfortable silence.

His face breathed onto her neck as she sighed deeply.
"Goodnight Matt,"

"Goodnight Nora,"

___

"Ethan?" Geral said as she walked into her house.

"Geraldine, You scared me honey-" Giana, Their mom, stopped once she noticed Matt, Chris, and Nic walking behind their daughter.