[2] - RENEGADE

"Is it insensitive for me to say, get your shit together so I can love you?
Is it really your anxiety that stops you from giving me everything or do you just not want to?"

☆ ☆ ☆

Crying had always been a healthy release but for Abhimanyu, it was a habit now. The blue feeling washed in like an unwanted wave, knocking his sandcastles flat. Then what? Was he supposed to construct them again? Get that bucket and spade out and make it pretty all over again?

He sat. No more building. No more castles. He sat and stared out of the window with more tears. He let them fall, not raising a hand to stop them. The tears splashed down onto the couch in a rain like pattern and soaked in leaving dark slotches on the coffee colored fabric.

Abhimanyu was reflecting on everything that had happened in the past few weeks. How he had yet again repeated the history all over again, something that no one wanted and was scared of. Aarohi must surely be hating and cursing him for breaking not only her heart but Ruhi's heart too.

He knew it was cruel to back off from the marriage a day before the wedding but he just couldn't do it, specially after knowing Abhir's truth and most importantly after knowing that his Akshu wasn't married to that good person. For some reason, he saw a ray of hope and immediately took back his decision of marrying Dr. Aarohi.

Surely, he had to face the tantrums of the whole Goenka and Birla family, and specially his mother but he couldn't care less. For him, it was the peace he was finding since six years, the clarity he had been dreading for, the emotions he had been longing for, and the love he had been missing.

It was almost midnight when Abhimanyu came back from the hospital. It was now his usual routine since a week in order to avoid the same old questions of his mother. She still thought of Akshara as a bad omen and he couldn't stand hearing all of this over and over again.

She's his mother and he respected her every decision but he just can't let her snatch away his happiness. He knew she was going to try to manipulate him in fighting Abhir's custody and that's the last thing he wanted to do.

After Abhir's truth came out, Abhimanyu in that moment was very furious and was ready to take back whatever belonged to him but the reality soon hit him when Abhinav made him realize about how Akshara begged him to listen to her and how he left her to suffer alone in such a critical condition.

His anger was soon overtaken by guilt and caused him to self isolate himself. Akshara still didn't tell Abhir about his biological father, not that she didn't want to but because she couldn't find the right time. She wanted Abhir to see his father as a strong person who help others and right now Abhimanyu wasn't in his best shape. He needed to maintain himself before taking a part in Abhir's life.

No matter how hard she tried, she had gotten soft. She couldn't hold her emotionless persona anymore. Old feelings which were buried deep down inside her heart again started surfacing and she had no choice but to face those and now she was standing outside the Birla mansion at midnight.

Tonight, even the anxiety pills weren't helping Abhimanyu to calm down. He had never been this restless before. Everything he ever needed in his life was right in front of him and he still couldn't claim it. He didn't even get to confront Akshara because with what authority he would've done that? He was the cause of her every pain, how could he even question her?

A stranger noise coming from the outside of the window broke his depressing chain of thoughts. At first he decided to ignore it but when it continued for a few more seconds, he decided to check out.