Chapter 12: The Fire Has Already Started

Muzan POV

"I have you all gathered here today for a reason," I tell the upper and lower moons, "demons will no longer kill humans or fight demon slayers from here on out. If you wish to join me in the creation of a new, peaceful world, walk out of the infinity fortress right now."

"Master, I didn't know you had a sense of humor," Doma says with a faked smile.

"I am not joking, Doma," I repeat with a glare, "and if anyone wishes to disobey me, stay here and know, that you are my enemy. This is the start of a war that doesn't need to happen." I walk out of the infinity fortress quietly.

Daki and Nakime immediately run and follow me.

Akaza and Rui ponder the options, before deciding to leave the infinity fortress.

Doma simply smiles at me, unmoving from his seat in the infinity fortress.

Kana flips a coin, and it lands on tails. She then moves and takes a seat next to Doma.

Mukago, runs to follow us worriedly, while the three remaining lower moons kill themselves, rather than choose a side.

Kaigaku stays put with a defiant glare, and flips me off with a disgusted expression.

Only Michikatsu hasn't moved, but at last, he stands up, much to my relief.

"Thank you for all you've done for me, Muzan-sama," Michikatsu thanks with a slight bow, "but I no longer fear you." Then, he turns around and takes a seat upon the throne I once sat on, "This is war Muzan."

"I see how it is, Michikatsu," I say, extending my hand, "but I won't lose to you."

Michikatsu shakes my hand, looking me in the eyes, "That's good, because I don't plan on losing either." I step out of the infinity castle and cast the four of them one last glance.

"All you have is 5 demons," Michikatsu states, "I can easily defeat you, as the new demon king."

"You underestimate me, Michikatsu."

A/N: This story won't have a happy ending, just warning you, but I'm writing a sequel that will end happily!