Chapter 11: Trust Issues

3 days later

I walk through the gardens of the butterfly estate, watching as life goes by, as time passes slowly. Suddenly I feel a hand on my shoulder, and I jolt upright.

"Kocho Shinobu," I hear Giyuu say with a glare, "we need to talk."

"Why is that, Tomioka-san?" I ask obliviously, rebuilding the emotional barrier between Tomioka-san and I.

"Don't play dumb kocho," he answers, "I heard from Rengoku that you're still injecting wisteria poison into your body. You know as well as me that that's not healthy for you. Why would you still need to? I don't think you're going to end up fighting Doma anytime soon now that the demons are on our side." I clench my teeth in anger.

"Do you really believe that?" I ask, inaudible.

"Huh?" Giyuu asks, "what did you say?"

"Do you really believe the demons are on our side?" I cry, "maybe this is all some ploy, and we're all just fools for falling for it! We're nothing! If the demons wanted us dead, then that's what we'd be. We're all doomed!"

"Kocho..." Giyuu mumbles, worried, "have more faith in Kibutsuji."

"I don't know how to, Giyuu," I say, falling into his arms, crying, "I don't know how I can bring myself to trust someone. If I were Kanae...if I were Kanae I would believe that there is only good in people. But look where that led her. It led her to her grave, Tomioka. I won't let myself be fooled like she was."

"I understand your worry, Shinobu," says Giyuu, trying to comfort me, "but you have to believe me, if only once in your life. If you can't trust Muzan, trust me Kocho."

A/N: This was a mini chapter I wanted to write (Again, they are together.)