XIV - Dumpster Diving

"Will!" Dustin and Lucy called out, walking around a corner with Max close behind.

"Dustin! Lucy?" A familiar voice called from behind them. 

"Mrs. Byers?" Lucy quirked her head, taking Dustin's hand into her own again. She liked it, it felt safe.

"What's going on? Where's Will?" She asked the two kids she knew.

Lucas threw the outside doors open, shouting down the hallway to the four. "The field!"

They all ran back outside with him, finding Mike and Rylie already over by him. "I just found him like this!" Mike had a hold on Will's shoulder. "I think he's having another episode!"

His eyes were barely open, head tilted up and his entire body was shaking. "Will!" Joyce grabbed onto her son's shoulders. "Will! Will!" Lucy squeezed on Dustin's hand and he squeezed back, silently telling her Will'd be okay. "Sweetie, wake up! It's Mom! Will! Will, wake up! Can you hear me? Will, please, just wake up! Honey, wake up! It's Mom! It's me!" Will gasped, his eyes opening wide.

"Shit, Byers. You scared us." Rylie huffed, letting out the tight breath she had been holding in since her and Mike had found him. The older teen pulled him in for a hug, letting his mom pull him back toward the school.

"Okay, that totally freaked me out." Max quipped once Will and Joyce were headed toward their car, Rylie followed since her car was still at her house and Joyce said she didn't mind driving her over to Mirkwood. "Did that not freak you guys out?"

"Two episodes in two days." Lucas said, watching the three walk.

"It's getting worse." Mike agreed.

"Do you think it's True Sight?" Lucas asked the Wheeler.

"Probably." Lucy nodded, "He's gonna be okay, right?"

"I don't know." Mike answered both of his friend's questions.

"What's True Sight?" Max asked them.

"It's nothing." Lucy shook her head.

————————————————————————————————

"Stop being a baby and do it already!" Mike called out to Lucas.

"This is so disgusting. Is this really necessary?" Max asked.

"Yeah." Lucy huffed, crossing her arms to her chest. "Doesn't mean I agree with it though."

"What the hell's going on?" Dustin asked, stopping just next to Lucy.

"What do you think? We're looking for Dart." Mike responded, leaning onto his stick. Lucy had hers up to her side, holding it at an angle like a sword in a sheath.

Lucas threw a bag of trash out of the dumpster, almost hitting Dustin and Lucy. Dustin pushed Lucy behind him, jumping back himself. "Jesus!"

"Lucas!" Lucy squealed. "You almost hit me!"

Mike and Max both groaned, Lucas grunting as he hopped out of the brown container. "Well, well, well." Lucas looked at Dustin. "Look who finally decided to show up. After I drew the short straw. Real convenient."

Max scrunched up her nose, "You stink." She walked over beside Lucy, the two girls giving each other small smiles.

"Where's Will?" Dustin asked his friends, noticing the boys absence.