IX - The Demogorgon

The five kids were sitting on the bleachers. Mike was bouncing his leg, El's head was laid comfortably on his shoulder. Lucas was on the step above them. Dustin sat there with his mouth hung open and Lucy was on the floor by his feet. Mike abruptly stood up, running toward the outside doors. 

Lucy leaned her head onto Dustin's knee, stretching her legs out in front of her with a slight wince. She started to scratch at her arm again, glancing to the door every few seconds to see if Mike was back or not. She was on edge, worried that the Demogorgon would come after them for whatever reason. Sure they had El but she was drained from flipping the van and from finding Will earlier. So what else did they have to fight it? Lucas's wrist rocket? That wouldn't do much. 

After a few minutes, the Wheeler boy came back into the gymnasium. "They're gone."

"What?" Lucas grumbled.

"Nancy and Jonathan. His car's gone."

"They're probably just sucking face somewhere." 

Lucy scrunched her face up, tilting her head back and hitting Dustin in the arm. "Ew!"

Lucas gave Dustin a fairly similar look to Lucy's, "Gross." 

"No. No way!" Mike quipped back.

"Did they go with the chief?" Dustin was facing Mike, his hands interlaced with one another on top of his knees. 

"I don't know." The Wheeler boy snarked.

"No." El stated.

"What? Did you see them? Do you know where they went?"

"Yes."

"Where? Where did they go?"

El hesitated, giving Mike a look. Everyone turned to her, wondering just where the two teens had run off to. "Demogorgon."

Mike looked around at his friends, his eyes wide with worry for his sister.

————————————————————————————————

El was still on the bleachers wrapped up in towels and Hopper's flannel. The rest of the group were stood around in a circle, talking their plan over. 

"Guys, guys! This is crazy." Mike's voice echoed in the empty gym, "We can't just wait around." 

"Mike, in case you forgot, we're still fugitives." Lucas reminded, his tone agitated. "The bad men are still looking for us."

"Yeah, and we don't even know where your sister is."

"El can find 'em." Mike snapped back in protest.

"Mike, look at her." Dustin held his hand out, pointing to the girl. "I still think we should stick to the chief's plan."

"They're at the Byers'." Lucy mumbled, kicking at the squeaky floor.

"What?" Mike ushered, grabbing the girl by her shoulders and pushing her head up from looking at her feet. "What did you say?"

"Th- They're at the Byers'?" She stammered out, scratching at her arm. She had heard them talking earlier.

"No. No, no, no." Dustin rushed out, pushing Mike's hands from Lucy. "We stick to the chief's plan."

"Exactly. We stay here, keep El out of sight and keep her safe. That's the most important thing, remember? Besides she's okay, she's with Johnathan, remember." Lucas said, attempting to sway Mike.

"Yeah, and she's kind of a badass now, so. . ." Dustin shrugged, going to walk off.

"She's not that cool. . ." Lucy huffed, clawing her skin again