Chapter 4 " The Walk"

"Johanna?" I say, "my name is also Johanna".

"Really?" Johanna said, "well nice to meet you Johanna".

We both giggled and agreed I would be named Johanna. F and she would be named Johanna .C. 

We talked on the way to her house, but while we were on are way we passed by Valans Kills which were surrounded by cop cars, and customers swarming around trying not to get caught.  

This one grouchy looking man looked at me which looked alot like the one that the police officer was showing me a picture of a few minutes back.

I squinted my eyes to get a better look, and guess who it was? Yes it was the killer who killed Johanna.C's friend.  

Johanna nudged me a bit and asked what's wrong and all I said back was  "just needed a better look".

She gave me a confused look and just shook her little head straight down.  

I glanced back at the man and nodded at him back and forth.  

I knew what i was doing was risky, especially that he's a killer.  He gave me a disgusted look and looked like her was about to pound the pieces out of me, but of course he couldn't, being all tied up with cops like that.

I slowly started walking away when i heard a voice calling my name.  It was officer Edward. He looked straight at me and gave me the thumbs up and smiled.

 I had a huge grin on my face and nodded at him like it was no big deal, I do it all the time.  

Of course iv'e never done anything this before, and the most exciting thing iv'e ever done before this was pet a lizard at show and tell day at school in grade one.

After about ten minutes we got to Johanna .C's house. I was reaching out for the doorbell when all of a sudden and sharp eyed looking woman opened the door quick and quitly and yelled out at me "what are you doing with my daughter?!"

I had no clue what to say because my eyes were still getting used to the sharpness in hers.

Johanna .C said " don't worry mommy she helped me with a bad guy, and walked me home safely".

Her mother had nothing to say but a quick thank you and shut the door on me.

I really didn't understand why she did that to me, I mean I helped a little girl with a murder.

I walked home that afternoon very safely and when I got home i ran straight to my room and thought about what I actually did.

I actually helped with a murder. A crime. An investigation. A guy who they have been searching for three years now.  This all was going and sinking through my mind when my mother blasted open my bedroom door singing happy birthday to me.

Just what I needed my mother bothering me.  

As you can tell i'm not one who loves being bothered or anoyyed, I just like my own time.

I couldn't help but smile from my mothers huge smile, and her big eyes.  

She finally stopped singing and plopped down beside me and spoke "so how was your day hunny?'

I said "fine" like I usually say everyday after school.

"Nothing special happened?"

"Well when I was walking home thi-"

The phone rang and my mother got up from my lumpy bed and picked up the phone.  I could hear the person on the other end very faintly.

My mother put her hand on the speaker and said  "It's the police".