5. He'll never love me

Word count: 1464
—————————————————

Okay bad. STOP. Think rationally. You're just making wild guesses in the heat of the moment.

I am not. In love. With skeppy.

Or any man for that matter! I'm straight! Right?

Now that I think about it though, I've never really been interested in girls. But that doesn't mean anything! All that means is that I wasn't an overly hormonal teenager.

And it's not like I've ever been interested in guys either! Just because you can imagine yourself dating a guy doesn't make you gay! I think.
...I hope.

Ok. Maybe it is a little weird. But just because I can imagine it doesn't mean it's real. I've never gotten flustered around guys!

Wait, there was that one guy in Highschool...

His name was M. I was actually decent friends with him. I loved talking to him, loved being around him, loved it when my hand brushed against his..

But I didn't have any feelings towards him did I? I was really lonely in Highschool, I was probably just grateful to have a friend.

I mean, I did have a few weird dreams about him. Like him kissing me and holding my hand and stuff. Okay. That's definitely kinda fruity.

But that was the only time! Or- okay never mind.

There was also this guy I knew in college. He was my roommate, and was majoring in the same field as me.

We were super close, honestly I was almost as close with him then as I am with skeppy now. We would spend hours talking and laughing together, and I felt all the same things towards him as I did towards M.

Looking back, I felt all the things people usually describe as 'being in love'. The butterflies, the sweating, the brain fuzz, all of it. I just never really thought about it from that angle.

I never had that feeling towards girls, so I thought they were just exaggerating. I guess they weren't lying, I'm just..

Gay.

I'm.. gay. I like men. I...

I like skeppy.

Oh no.

No no no no no. I'm in love with my best friend. All those weird feelings make sense now and I.. I don't like it.

Liking boys is fine. Realizing that is honestly a relief. My problem is with the specific boy I like.

How am I supposed to spend 2 weeks with the man I have feelings for? I already know it gets even more intense seeing him in person, seeing how it took me until now to realize, how the heck am I gonna survive 2 whole weeks?

What if he notices? If he does I'm dead. Gone. If he knows a freak like me has feelings for him he'll be disgusted. Even if he wasn't he'd never say yes.

Why would he? I'm not pretty. I'm not smart. I have nothing to offer someone like him. He could never love me.

God, what's wrong with me? Why would I do this to myself? I already know I'm unlovable. It's not like I'm allowed to forget that fact.

—————————————————

High school was absolute hell. If you didn't fit into the category of kids who were popular, conveniently attractive, white, able-bodied, neurotypical, cishet, and rich, you were treated like a lower person.

Not everyone had it as bad as others, and there were definitely people who had it much, much, worse than me, but I still got a lot of crap sent my way.

Mostly for my appearance and financial position. I didn't exactly win the gene lottery, and my parents never one the actual one.