77. take a step back

It's funny how we underestimate the effort and progress involved in what we do.
I almost always think that I'm not doing anything substantial, that I'm not doing enough. I think I'm wasting time, and that life is passing me by.
I'm not making any progress with my dreams,
or aspirations,
or personal growth.
I wonder why I feel so tired when I'm hardly getting anything done...

but when I take a step back it's like I'm viewing my life with new and appreciative eyes. I'm suddenly aware of all the things I'm getting done, and it's glaringly obvious that I'm doing so so much more than I thought.

"The more you see the less you know."

I've learned to take breaks from creating. Sometimes, that work isn't going in the direction you envisioned because you've immersed yourself so much in its current essence that you fail to recognise what it could be.

Your perspective paints more as obstacles and less as opportunities.

Learn to count your blessings.
You're making more wins than you realise. That little thing probably has more impact than you initially estimated.

Water your flowers, lest they die and in a barren garden you ask yourself, "why?"
"why did I even try?"

Dear gardener, take a step back,
get some rest.
Appreciate the blooms, both little and great, and with that inspiration nurture those on their way.

Do not disregard the quality of progress made, lest your brilliance flickers and your vision fades.

01.18
05.03.23