Meeting the Guardians

Somewhere in Yokohama, Japan, there was a group of children that were walking to school. One of the kids, a ten-year-old girl with glasses and long black hair in a ponytail, was reading a red, hard-covered book. The cover of the book has Kanji that reads 'Weird and Unique Ghost and Monsters of Japan'. The girl's other friends were busy talking while she was reading her book. Unknown to them, a certain fox spirit was watching them from afar.

Bowl Hair-cut Boy: So, are you guys coming to the annual egg hunt that's coming up?

Brown-Haired Girl: I'm coming. You know I'm going to find more eggs than everyone.

Twin-Tail Girl: No way! I'm going to find more eggs!

Brown-Haired boy: This isn't a competition, you know.

Bowl Hair-cut Boy: What about you, Momoko? Are you coming?

Momoko, the black-haired girl, looked up from her book when she heard her friends talking to her.

Momoko: Oh, uh, sure. I guess...

Twin-Tail Girl: You guess? Or are you sure?

Momoko: I don't know.

Brown-Haired Boy: When was the last time you took your eyes off that book?

Brown-Haired Girl: I don't understand why you're interested in weird stuff like that.

Momoko: It's not weird, Yuki. This book talks about all the mysterious and fascinating ghosts and monsters found here in Japan. Or, "Yōkai" as they're more commonly known. My personal favorite is this one.

She points to a page in the book, and her friends see that the page has a drawing of a white fox with seven tails. Her friends just gave her a confused look.

Twin-Tail Girl: A Fox?

Momoko: It's not just a fox. It's a kitsune. A fox spirit that is known for being a trickster who gains more tails the longer it ages.

Yuki: Come on, Momoko. You know those types of monsters don't exist. They're just stories our grandparents tell us.

Bowl Hair-cut Boy: You think the tooth fairy and Santa Claus exist.

Yuki: Shut up, Kyosuke!

Meanwhile, the familiar fox spirit was observing them from high above the trees. She resembled a red fox, with bright orange fur, light cream-colored underbelly, her digitigrade hind legs, arms, and paws, were dark brown in color with tiny claws, and the tips of her ears were the same dark brown. She was around five-foot-four and was slender with a pear-shaped body, meaning her hips, thighs, and rear were bigger, wider, and more rounded than her upper body. She didn't have anything going on in her chest area. In fact, she didn't have anything as she was flat-chested. Her tail was large and fluffy, almost the size of her body as it swayed back and forth. Her eyes were golden brown in color, and she had what appeared to be red makeup like markings around her eyes (think of the modern-day kitsune masks) and a flame pattern on her forehead.

Her clothing consisted of a loose dark navy-blue kimono that faded into red with gold trimming and a blue-colored kimono with white trim that's underneath the main kimono that ended in a short mini skirt with slits on the side that hugged her hips, and a white, sleeveless robe underneath both kimono. The main part of the kimono was decorated with patterns of red spider lily's and butterflies. The sleeves had teal beads attached to the sleeves end with gold lining and white tassels that fade to red. Around her waist was a red and teal sash with gold wrappings and tassels, and red sash had a part that went down her middle and ended near her thighs. The kimonos bottom reached her feet and had a red underside. She was holding a dark blue paper parasol that had the same red spider lily designs that were on her kimono. A closer look reveals that the fox is Tsukihime as she was busy talking to herself. (In case you were all wondering, Tsuki's kimono is supposed to look like Nanami Sakurai's from Dragon Raja Mobile)