Every Story has a Beginning

In Antarctica, Jack runs towards the edge of a cliff as he tries to throw the memory box off the cliff. He thought that if maybe he got rid of it, things would get better. He was about to throw the box, but he just couldn't do it. He looks at his memory box and begins to regret what he's done. Not only did he put his memories before anything else, but he let Pitch take Tsuki.

Jack: I'm so sorry, Tsuki... I should've listened to you. None of this would've happened.

???: I thought this might happen.

Knowing who it was, Jack became angry. The figure was revealed to be Pitch.

Pitch: They never really believed in you. I was just trying to show you that, but I understand.

This caused Jack to wheel around as he shot ice at Pitch. He blocks it with his black sand. Jack runs and jumps over Pitch.

Jack: You don't understand anything!

He shoots more ice at him, but Pitch blocks it again.

Pitch: No!? I don't know what it's like to be cast out?

He shoots black sand at Jack, but he avoids it. Jack leaps into the air and shoots ice at Pitch. Their powers collide, causing snow to fly all over the air. As it clears up, Jack looks around for Pitch.

Pitch: To not be believed in...

Jack aims his staff at Pitch. The anger bright as day in his eyes.

Pitch: To long for a family...

This caught Jack off-guard as he lowered his staff.

Pitch: All those years in the shadows, I thought, no one else knows what this feels like. But now I see I was wrong. We don't have to be alone, Jack. I believe in you. And I know children will too.

Jack: In me?

Pitch laughs.

Pitch: Yes! Look at what we can do!

Pitch gestures to the sculpture of ice and black sand. The aftermath of their fight.

Pitch: What goes better together than cold and dark? We can make them believe! We'll give them a world where everything, everything is--

Jack: Pitch Black?

Pitch: And Jack Frost, too. They'll believe in both of us.

Jack: No, they'll fear both of us. And that's not what I want. Now, for the last time, leave me alone!

Jack starts walking away.

Pitch: Very well. You want to be left alone? Done! But first...

A squeaking sound was heard, causing Jack to turn around and see Pitch, holding Baby Tooth in his hand. Not only that, he saw something, or, someone behind him, his eyes widening as he sees Tsuki, tied up with her wrist behind her back by chains made of black sand as her mouth was covered by muzzle made of said black sand to prevent her from talking. A large, chained collar was around her neck as the other end of the chain was held by Pitch. She was struggling to free herself.

Jack: Baby Tooth! Tsuki!

Jack runs forward to help them, but he stops as Pitch tightens his grip on Baby Tooth, causing her to squeak in pain as he yanks the chain in his hand forward, causing Tsuki to kneel over and grunt in pain through her muzzle. Jack points his staff at Pitch.

Pitch: The staff, Jack!

This caused Jack to grip his staff.

Pitch: You have a bad habit of interfering. Now hand it over, and I'll let them go.