Chapter 20

Chapter 20. 

"Marie! Marie!" I heard someone screaming my name. But I didn't stop running. I continued to run and run. I have no idea where I'm going. The person continued to scream my name and I continued to run. I just need to get out of here. Suddenly, someone grabbed my hand, which insisted me to stop walking. I turned around to find Jack panting and out of breath.

"What do you want Jack?" I said, as I pulled my hand away from his. 

"Look, you shouldn't be mad at Alex," he said. I crossed my arms over my chest. 

"Why shouldn't I?" 

"Because he's drunk. He doesn't mean it."

I rolled my eyes, not wanting to hear any of it. "Shouldn't you go back and dance with Samantha?" 

Jack sighed. "Alex always does it so you shouldn't be mad at him."

"Always does it? Are you saying that Alex likes making out with other girls when he has a girlfriend?! Are you saying that he likes to make his girlfriend feel miserable? Like what the hell? Alex are I aren't even dating for two weeks and he already is cheating on me. And it's not with some random club girl! It's Jasey! Jasey Rae! Like what the hell is Jasey doing here?! Shouldn't she be in Baltimore?" 

Jack placed his hands on my shoulders. "Calm down."

I tried doing as I was told, but it wasn't helping. Tears were slipping from my eyes, making my vision go blurry. I wiped them away. Jack noticed and slowly embraced me in a hug. I hugged him back, crying into his shirt. 

"Alex doesn't mean it. I promise. Will you give him another chance?" Jack whispered. 

"Maybe. I just need to cool down a bit."

"I call my mom to pick you up," Jack said, pulling away from me and taking his phone out of his pocket. He called his mom while I waited there. "She's coming," he said, as he got off the phone. "I'll wait with you by the club."

----

The next day, we were in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. When we got to the venue, we all unloaded and packed everything on the stage. Alex was avoiding me which I don't understand why.

"What happened between Alex and you last night?" Samantha asked, when I was watching them during sound check. I shrugged. 

"It doesn't matter," I said. 

"You sure, cause you guys aren't talking to each other," she said. I shrugged again, not really wanting to talk about it. The show finally came around and Joyce and Isobel and Samantha and I watched from the sidelines again. The guys played their regular songs. 

"Usually during this time we play Dammit by Blink-182. But tonight I'm going to play a special song. A song I wrote to say I'm sorry to someone. For making them feel like shit," Alex spoke. I couldn't help it but my heartbeat sped up a little bit. But it slowly started to fade away when he spoke these words, "This next song goes out to Jasey Rae." 

Cheers were heard from the crowd. I glanced over to the crowd and saw Jasey, standing in the middle of the crowd, watching up at Alex. What was she doing here again?! Jack started playing the beginning cords of the song. 

"Lights out, I still hear the rain. These images that fill my head, now keep my fingers from making mistakes. Tell my voice what it takes to speak up, speak up and keep my conscience clean, when I wake.

"Don't make this easy, I want you to mean it, Jasey. Say you'll mean it. You're dressed to kill, I'm calling you out. Don't waste you time on me." 

I glanced over at Jasey. Her face was growing with rage. I saw her storm out of the venue, shaking her head. Alex continued to play the song as if Jasey hadn't left. When they neared the bridge of the song, Alex's eyes traveled to mine. We locked eyes and I feel like he's singing to me. They finished the song and Alex mouthed to me, 'I'm sorry'. I gave him a small smile before staring down at the ground. The audience cheered as the guys walked off stage. 

"That was great honey," Isobel cooed. Alex smiled at her and threw his arm over my shoulder. 

"Thanks Mom," he said, kissing her on the cheek. While everyone was celebrating from the show, Alex turned to me. 

"Can I talk to you outside?" He asked. I nodded my head and we both walked away from the overly excited group and walked out of the venue. We walked up to the van and Alex leaned on it, slipping his arm away from my shoulders. 

"Marie, you seriously have no idea how sorry I am for kissing Jasey last night. I was drunk, I had no idea what I was doing. I didn't know I would hurt you, and I'm really sorry for that," he said, walking towards me and putting his hands on my waist. "I'm sorry."

I leaned up and kissed him on the lips. It only lasted for a few seconds, but I loved it.

"It's okay. I forgive you," I said. 

"How about we spend some time alone? Just you and me?" Alex smiled. I nodded. Alex took my hand and we walked off away from the venue. There were a few restaurants but we decided to go eat fast food instead. We went inside McDonald's and went up to the cashier. We ate there and walked around. 

"So, you finally performed the Jasey song," I said. Alex nodded. 

"Yeah, and I knew she would be mad," he responded. 

"She looked pretty mad." 

"She'll get over it." 

I nodded, not wanting to push any further. 

"What city are we going to next?" I asked. 

"York, Pennsylvania. We'll be playing a fair there," Alex said. I nodded once more, keeping quiet. Alex intertwined our fingers and started swinging them back and forth. "I'm sorry."

"It's okay," I said. 

"No, it's not! You're barely talking to me!" 

"I don't know what to say!" 

"Fuck, I messed everything up." 

"You don't mess everything up, Alex. I'm not mad, okay? I forgive you. Just give me sometime, okay?" 

Alex looked at me. His brown eyes, searched through mine. 

"Okay," he finally said. "I'll give you time."

I leaned up and kissed him on the cheek. "Thank you."

He slung his arm around my shoulders and we both walked toward the van where everyone was waiting. 

"York, Pennsylvania, here we come!" Jack exclaimed. Cheers followed shortly after and we all headed into the van towards our next destination. 

Sorry this chapter sucks. Tired my best. Comment and vote!