Chapter 19

Chapter 19. 

"Aren't you too young to be attending a club?" The security guard looked at us. 

"No," Flyzik answered. "We're all over the age of twenty-one." 

I internally rolled my eyes. I didn't look like a twenty-one year old at all. I looked like I was about fourteen. Not seventeen. 

"You sure? Because this young lady right here doesn't look twenty-one." The guards peered their eyes over my body. I suddenly become self conscious. I felt Alex's arm, which was over my shoulder, tighten just a little. 

"She's twenty-one," Alex said. "Right Mar?" 

I nodded. "My mom is only 5'3 and my dad is only 5'8," I lied. "So of course I'm going to come out short."

The body guards looked at me once more. "Okay, you guys can go in."

We all walked into the club. I was a bit nervous. I've never been into a club before. Alex must've noticed my worry and nudged me.

"You alright?" he asked. 

"I'm fine," I responded. 

We all made our way in between the dancing sweaty bodies. Vinny found a little booth in the corner of the club. We all huddled there and sat down. 

"I heard this club was the best in Annapolis," Vinny explained. "So I decided to bring you all."

"It looks sick," Jack said, looking around excitedly. I glanced around the club. There were tons of teenagers here, crowding the dance floor, dancing like there is no tomorrow. The club was painted a dark blue color with red leather soft seats and booths. There was a tiny tv hanging from the ceiling near the bar. I'm pretty sure they couldn't hear anything with the loud music that was playing. Speaking of music I tried to listen to what they were playing. Hips Don't Lie by Shakira was playing. And sure enough everyone on the dance floor was moving their hips. I wrinkled my nose in digest. This is why I don't like partying and clubs. I don't belong here.

"You're sure you're okay? I understand if you don't want to be here," Alex whispered to me. 

"No, it's okay," I said. 

"You sure?"

I nodded. 

"Anyone want a beer?" Flyzik offered. Jack raised his hand, so did Samantha. I was slightly surprised Samantha raised her hand but then Samantha is the type of person to drink. Espically underage. 

"Alex, do you want any?" Flyzik asked, as he poured a glass of beer for Samantha and Jack. Alex shook his head. 

"I'd rather have vodka," he said. 

"What about you, Marie?" Flyzik asked me. 

"Uh, I'll have vodka too," I replied. Flyzik nodded and waved over the bar waiter. Samantha was already sipping her beer and giggling extremely at Jack. I studied those two for a minute. Samantha was clearly flirting with Jack and he was clearly flirting back. I couldn't help but think Samantha was Jack's secret girlfriend. I shook my head. Nah, they're only friends. The waiter Flyzik called over showed up to our booth. 

"Yes sir?" 

"We'll have six shots of vodka," Flyzik said. The waiter nodded.

"Right on it."

"What did you guys think of the show tonight?" Rian asked. 

"I thought you guys could do a little better," Danny said.