Chapter 11

Lynn

"I'm going to go down to the lobby to get some ice for his eye." Tammi said as she made her way to the door.

"Okay." Once she had closed the door, i gave my attention to him. "How are you feeling? Are you in pain?"

"No. I'm okay. I've been hurt worse." He smiled, but my frown just deepened. How could she do this to him? No child deserved this.

"How did you end up with her anyway?"

"My parents were killed in a car accident, and I just happened to be placed with her. They just gave me to her." He said with a hunch of his shoulders.

"Are you the only kid she had?"

"Yeah. She said I was a enough because I was a horrible kid."

"First off you're not a horrible kids. You're smart and handsome and fun to be around. She's just fighting her own demons and instead of working on herself she took her anger out on you. What she was doing to you had nothing to do with you and everything with her needing to work on herself mentally." He was smiling at my words.

"Thank you. I needed to hear that."

"It's the truth and you're welcome."

"You think I'm handsome?" He asked and I chuckled.

"Yes you're a very handsome young man." Especially since you look just like my fiance. I thought to myself. I had to ask him. "You ever think of your birth mother?"

"All the time." he said smiling.

"Why are you smiling?"

"I was wondering when you were going to ask about her."

"Why were you wondering that?"

"Because I know who my birth mother is." I looked at him shocked as he reached in his pocket pulling something out and passing it to me. My mouth dropped open when I seen the picture of a younger Tammi holding a baby in the hospital.

"Who gave you this?"

"My mom. She gave it to me when I was seven. She felt I was old enough to take care of it. And when she told me that I was adopted I carried it everywhere with me from that day one and a few years later they died and when they gave me to Sarah I begin looking for her. I just knew her first name was London. I didn't know she went by her middle name until I found you on snap chat and you introduced her as Tammi. I just took a wild guess that that was her middle name."

"So you became friends with me to keep a eye on your mother?" He nodded his head. " But why didn't you tell us who you were a year ago?"

"I didn't know if she wanted me or not. I mean she gave me away once I was scared she wouldn't want me" He frowned with that thought. "I begin following her on all her social medias also but she didn't know because she's barely up there. And I just waited for her to post that she was looking for me and I told myself that when she posted that she was looking for me then I would tell her. But she never did and I was scared to say anything. I didn't want her to tell me that she didn't want me."

"So why tell me this now?"

"You guys said you wanted to adopt me. I feel safe telling you now." I wiped away a tear that escaped me. Tammi came in just now.