Chapter 1

Tammi

"What are you thinking?" I asked Lynn as she sipped her coffee. She looked to be deep in thought.

"Nothing in particular." We were both in the kitchen. She was enjoying her coffee while I was enjoying the view of her. She wasn't a woman to throw her looks at people. She was naturally beautiful but didn't flaunt herself as such, and that made her even more beautiful in my eyes. She didn't care about flashy clothes. She cared about being a provider. A protecter. I loved that about this woman.

"When are you going to marry me?" I asked out of the blue and she looked at me smiling.

"What made you ask that?"

"Just can't wait to call you my wife."

"Wife is an action. Being married is paper. We don't need paper in order for you to call me your wife. Call me your wife if you want." She never sezed to amase me. "I tell people that your my wife all the time."

"Really? Why?"

"Because I want you as such. And you do the things that are deemed wife duties."

"And what are wife duties?" I asked curious about her answer.

"Society saids as a wife, is expected to serve. Prepare food, clothing and other personal needs. As a worker, she has to be professional, disciplined and a good employee. You are and do all of that and more. Especially in the bedroom." I blushed. "But that's what society deems a good wife and although I'm not against that definition of a good wife. They forgot friend. In order to be a good wife I feel we have to be friends. We have to be compatible. You have to fill my cup just as much as I have to fill yours."

"A fifty fifty relationship." I said.

"There is no such thing as a fifty fifty relationship if you want things to work out."

"What do you mean?" I asked confused. "I thought we were always fifty fifty."

"No. Put it this way. If our rent was two thousand dollars a month and all I made was eight hundred dollars to cover the rent are you going to pay the rest off or risk being evicted because you believe in this fifty fifty rule? I have to pay a grand and you have to pay a grand but I'm two hundred dollars off what do you do?"

"I pay my half and your portion that you couldn't cover." I answered.

"And that's a relationship." She said. "Fifty fifty are roommates. We are not roommates. What you lack I cover what I lack you cover. If our rent is two grand and you had zero dollars in the bank and I got that two grand in the bank guess what? We still good. Imma pay the two grand. Because I picked up what you lacked. And anyone who did or do believe in a fifty fifty relationship are now single or in a miserable relationship."

"I never thought of it like that."

"That's because it should be natural if you ask me. We should never have to discuss this. I should naturally not want to see you stress just as you should naturally not want to see me stress because we love each other. And if you ask me that's where some people fail in relationships."

"Um. So you don't care to get married."

"No I wanna marry you. I just feel  paper shouldn't have the power to tell me who I am or am not married to. But I guess rules are rules and to see you in a wedding dress would be amazing. I think the whole experience of getting married would be amazing and I can't wait to marry you."