Chapter 3: Gulab Ghar

🌸 Pradyna 🌸

I arrived at my room and sat on the dressing table. Mira had come with me and was removing my ornaments.

The function had finally wrapped up, after which everyone had their dinner. I completed mine early and took a leave from all. Nevadita had also gone to her room, skipping her dinner as she was exhausted.

It was a long day, from being excited about getting engaged to Rajkumar Siddharth to knowing that all of it was just a misunderstanding and Engaged to Rajkumar Shaurya. My mind had been dementing at present. I didn't know what to do or even anticipate. I don't know how to elude the chaos that arose in my heart.

"Rajkumari, kya soch rahi ho aap? Itni shant kyu ho aaj?" ( What happened, Rajkumari? Why are you so silent today?)

I heard a sweet voice behind me and looked at Mira through the mirror. She had finally removed all my ornaments.

"You seem to be forgetting my orders, Mira. I have to frequently remind you to call me Pradyna when we're alone?"

I crisscrossed my arms, giving her a playful death stare from the mirror.

She pursed her lips in a petulant manner. Her hands traveled to her ears as she pulled them.

"Pardon me, Rajkumari. It slips out of my mind. I will remember not to call you that, but that doesn't allow you to steer clear of my question," A playful smile played on her lips.

As much as I would argue about it, I lost all my enthusiasm after today's incidents.

"Nothing like that, Mira. I am tired." I responded, trying to curve my lips into a small smile. However, I was failing.

She looked at me unconvinced through the mirror and kept her hands on my shoulder. She asked me again,

"Pradyna, you won't even tell me? You can't conceal it from me,"

She was the only person who knew about my feelings for Rajkumar Siddharth. She mistook him for my future husband too. She is a close confidante of mine. There was nothing left to hide. I nodded at her, replying

"I honestly don't know, Mira. I don't know how to define what I'm feeling right now, but one thing I know is that I have to move on, but my mind ponders to him unknowingly. I don't know how to get rid of the thoughts of Rajkumar Siddharth. He is my devar now. I will have to see him every day. You tell me, will it be easy?"

"Rajkumari, why don't you tell Maharana or Rajkumar Yashwant the truth? Chances are they can negotiate the marriage with Rajkumar Siddharth?"

She suggested to me as she backtracked her steps, giving me plenty of space.

"he has so many hopes from me and this relationship. Just like maa, even he wanted this to be true. They wanted this to happen since childhood. I know if I go and tell him, he will surly talk to them. he will even cancle this engagement, incase they don't agree. We don't know how they may take this and react right. but it may effect their years old friendship. This will add problems in kingdom relations"

I replied as I stood up and walked to the nightstand. My sight instantly fell on the peacock feather, acquainting my diary. I smiled, picking it up along with the diary. My other source of keeping my secrets and making my heart light. It really help me feel better, when I write down my though in it. 

"Pradyna vasa ek baat kahu agar aap bura nah mana toh?" (Pradyna, Shall I say something? If you are not going to get offended) She asked, approaching me.