Chapter 2 :- The Promise

🌸 Pradyna 🌸

"Chalo aab sab aagaya hai to suru kara rasam?" (Now that everyone has come, Shall we start the rituals?)

Masimaa asked as her eyes fell on Bhaisa (Rajkumar Yashwant) entering the hall and joining Rajkumar Siddharth and Rajkumar Mahim.

He is my cousin, but more like my sibling. We have grown up together, and he is the person I trust in my life too. He can be very protective of me occasionally and subsequently stern.

Despite being my elder brother, he has always taught me to do things independently rather than doing them for me. He always tells me; that I should do my work, take a stand for myself, and even fight myself when situations arise. If it doesn't construct, then he will always have my back.

I just wanted to go and hug him tightly, letting go of everything I was holding back, but now wasn't the time for that.

"Yes, let's start, Chandra come," she ordered, and that's when I noticed all the dasis standing on the side holding plates covered with a red chunni (a small square cloth). Chandra di was the head of all the dasis and was close to Ranimaa.

They came behind her, and placed the plates there. Guruji applied tilak on them, chanting some mantras, after which he applied tilak to both of us. He then placed my hand in his, keeping a coconut in our hands. His hands were Ice cold felt like he had just descended from the Himalayas. That's how cold they were.

My mind nudged me of the fortunate stroke of fortuity I had when Rajkumar Siddharth held my hand for the first time. It had felt like a magical moment, his strong hand holding mine and castigating Nevadita, though my attention was on his face rather than his phrases.

It felt like the world had stopped for me, I know I know I am being a bit dramatic, but I honestly don't know how to describe what I felt at that moment. That moment was way too precious, and words could not express it.

That spark, that sentiment, that moment- As a matter of fact, it was unemotional when my hand touched Rajkumar Shaurya.

"Vasa aap bohat khubsurat lag rahi hu Rajkumari" I heard his whisper in my ears voice when he was bending down to take blessings from Guruji. Shit, I should be doing that too. I didn't realize when all the rituals he was performing finished.

I whispered back to him, "Shukriya Rajkumar" (Thank you, Rajkumar) while bending down and touching Guruji's feet, taking his blessings. He kept his hand on our heads and blessed us.

After that, Masi Maa and Maharana Pratap came to us. Masi Maa applied tilak to us and did our aarti, after which she removed the chunni from some thali (Plates). Inside, I saw a beautiful red chunni with mirror-like embroidery and a beautiful gold Carcanet set with rubies and colorful bangles.

She picked up the chunni, placed it on my lap, and followed by all the ornaments, one at a time. I felt a weight on my knees.

My eyes rose as she stepped forward and picked up a bunch of lemons and green chili peppers. Using both her hands, she circles them around us. She completes the ritual as it touches my hands. It was known as Nazar Battu because it cast the evil eye. Subsequently, we received her blessing. Masimaa smiled at me and hugged me.

She was just like a mother figure to me, caring and loving.

Rani maa and Pitashri came to us after that and performed the same ritual. After which, Pitashri removed the chunni from the remaining plates and gave A sword, some clothes, a gold chain, and rings to Rajkumar Shaurya. After that, Ranimaa too performed our nazar and both of them blessed us too.