Keep it Righteous: Chapter 1

[ Present Day ]

Overhead, sunlight shines down upon the city of Chicago on this fair afternoon. The weather is rather chilly and sitting just below 57 degrees, but it's business as usual in the busiest section of Illinois' most famous town. Crime-fighting was certainly a part of that agenda, as well.

"Matrix, got five heading down north side."

"Got it, Boss."

C R A S H! - C R A S H!

Like laundry being tossed into a bin, a handful of masked assailants go flying from the 48th floor of a 51st story tall corporate building in the most casual fashion. The one responsible, the divine lad in charcoal black and adorning cyan, isn't so uncaring of life as his actions may lead anyone observing him up close to be. No, he's just awfully confident in his team. Rightfully so, truth be told. After using the first two to shatter a couple of windows, he handles the rest of the armed culprits in the same manner. With speed like lightning, zipping from one to the next. And strength that is only surpassed by only one individual on Earth, tossing them as if they were weightless - inefficient as even paperweights. At the very foot of the building, a heroine calmly sets up a 'safety net'. She gestures as if she's spreading out a scroll upon a table, and uses her mere thought to construct a transparent zero gravity space that reaches widely below the screaming criminals falling toward it. Naturally, the crowd of pedestrians nearby watch with suspense and dreading anticipation, expecting a gruesome ending for the five. 

"OH MY GOD!!"

An exclamation of panic shouts from the crowd as dire gasps and screams follow when they are getting dangerously close to meeting with the ground. However, one by one, they stop short and almost abruptly. The confused bunch caught up within the weaver's 'web' were floating almost ten feet above the steps of the building. Murmurs of curiosity and praise begin replacing the suspenseful atmosphere. A smug look spreads across the greenette's face - the one who willed such an unnatural change to a fraction of space - as she makes another gesture. Motioning as if she was boxing in something between her palms, which results in the wide invisible field shrinking into a large see-through box, huddling the criminals together in the process. She turns and takes a prideful bow before the onlookers.

"Thank you, thank you! I know, that was totally amazing, wasn't it?" While she gloats to the public, Righteous Lad ascends to the 50th floor via jogging up the stairwell.

On his way up, a familiar sound begins creeping up the absurd levels of stairs. A constant coursing of electricity that grows louder by the passing nanoseconds. He doesn't have to stop and look to know it's none other than Alexecute who's following him up. In fact, he witnesses her passing him by with his inhuman senses. He's, as well as her, capable of observing what the human eye can't quite follow. He might've been standing still to her, but she was clear as day to him and moving at what he often subconsciously mistakes as normal speed. Nonetheless, his teammate beats him to the top. And when he comes up to the last flight he needs to climb to reach the appropriate floor, there she stands. Leaning against the wall with her arms folded across her chest.

"Hey, Alex." Righteous Lad greets with a simple smile as he casually peels open the door and heads beyond it. Of course, she follows right behind him.

"Did you seriously throw them out the window?"

"I... Did. I shouldn't have, but I did." The two begin as they tread through the corridors of the floor.

"You know, I'd expect something like that from Mr. Pain, but you? I kinda' thought you'd be a little more responsible than that." Alexecute chides.

"Don't take another step!" There in waiting stands another armed and masked culprit with his rifle trained on the two . One Alexecute prompt takes care of with a swift electricity bolt from her palm that sends the male slamming into the wall behind him before he falls onto his stomach.