WHERE YOU COME FROM: Chapter 2

{Vague visual representation of Galelith(Left) and Tonithy(right)

Disclaimer: The artworks shown above does NOT belong to me.}

_____________

A little over twenty minutes pass on their trip. Though still uneasy about being so high up, Galivinth has grown accustomed to the feeling. Playing some music had definitely helped settle his nerves a bit, too.

"So, this uuhh.. This we thing you mentioned earlier. Were you implying something? Like... You know. We're somehow different from other people around us?" Galivinth asks, glancing over at his father with a look of skeptical curiosity.

"Yes. Yes, I was deliberately outlining us, our kind, from humans." Galelith stoically answers.

"Come again...?"

"We're among lesser beings."

"Wow, dad... What exactly is that supposed to mean?"

"You're a genetically superior lifeform. That's what I mean. You're not human, Galivinth. At least, not entirely."

"I'm not sure I follow 100%, but it doesn't sound too promising thus far. What do you mean I'm not human? What about you and I makes us inherently better than the average person?"

"I'm not entirely sure what you're not comprehending. We're not humans. By standard definition, we're aliens here." Galelith thinks on it for a moment. Looks to Galivinth briefly, then faces forward again.
"Well... I suppose not you exactly. You're native to Earth, but you're not the same as the average Earthling." Galelith adds.

"You're telling me I'm genuinely of a different species?"

"Yes."

"And my genetic makeup is superior to humans?"

"Yes."

"...Are you racist?" Galivinth questions with furrowing brows.

"By the literal definition? Yes." Galelith, still, answers with a deadpan tone.

"Wow. I'm both fascinated and unconformable right now."

"I think there's a misunderstanding, honestly. You've been conditioned to hold a stigma to the word. If you're indirectly asking if I hate humans, then my answer is no."

"Ah, okay. Okay... So what exactly makes us none-human?"

"Have you not noticed any distinct differences between yourself and the others around you?"