VI

Silence washed over them as they sat by side on Lisa's bed. They weren't facing each other, nor where their shoulders touching like they always did when they were together. Something was weird and it was making Rosé's chest burn with uncertainty, specially when her anxious mind couldn't stop wondering if she did the right coming to Lisa's house so late and-

"I'm in love with you."

For a second, Rosé's tired brain thought that the words had slipped from her own mouth without her permission. But then she turned her head and was welcomed by Lisa's bright eyes staring back at her with so much care, so much love that it made something inside of her chest throb, like it was ready to finally erupt.

"I'm in love with you," Lisa repeated, softer this time, staring deeply into Rosé's eyes. "and I can't keep acting like i'm not because you deserve to know you're loved."

Even in the dark, Rosé notices how Lisa's cheeks become wet as she speaks and has to stop herself from kissing away all of her tears, knowing the girl still has more to say. "I've been loving you for so long, but I was finally sure of what I felt the day we kissed. I couldn't sleep that week, thinking about how good it felt and about how much I wanted to do it again. But I was afraid, so I never mentioned the kiss again."

Rosé was the one crying now as Lisa held both of her hands carefully, their eyes never daring to let go of each other's gaze. "You didn't, too, so I just tried to ignore it. But that didn't go very well, as you can see," Lisa laughed, wiping off some tears who were threatening to fall. "I sent you that message because I couldn't sleep- couldn't stop thinking about you, Rosé."

Rosé smiled through the tears, finally bringing her hands up to cup the younger's flushed face, slowly running her fingers through her cute, soft red cheeks. "We're both idiots, then," She started, bringing Lisa's face closer to the point where their foreheads were pressed against each other's. "Because I was awake thinking about you, too."

That was enough for Rosé to have Lisa's lips against hers again.

After months of yearning, after thinking she would never be able to feel the dancer's unique taste on her mouth again, there she was, kissing Lisa, knowing the girl she was in love with loved her back.

Rosé knew nothing would ever feel as good as that moment - so she enjoyed every second of it, spending the rest of the night with Lisa, talking about everything and nothing at the same time as the hours passed by, returning home before the sunrise with a content smile plastered on her face and glee washing all over her body.