V

Time passes and, eventually, things start to look bright again. Lisa gets incredibly popular after appearing in a survival show — a shitty one that Rosé hated every second of it, but still a survival show — and Rosé herself is getting ready to be introduced to the world through one, too.

After such a traumatic period of her trainee life — missing a chance to debut, seeing most of her friends leave the agency one by one and even considering giving up on her dreams — Rosé felt excited again. Even if still uncertain, the taste of the word debut in her mouth was stronger than never.

Yet, there was still something else at the back of her head bothering her, not letting her sleep at night.

Lisa.

No, they haven't changed since the day in the practice room and the sleepover they had at the younger's house after that. The problem is: they never talked about the kiss again. Kisses, to be more honest.

And it makes Rosé overthink, when she lays down on her bed late at night craving for Lisa's company, wishing she could sleep inside of the younger's embrace again.

She had no idea of what that night meant for Lisa — the worst and the best night of her life, the night of her first kiss. She wanted to confront Lisa, to ask her why she acted like the kiss never happened, but she couldn't. Not when she was doing the exact same thing, not when she was nothing but a coward when it came to how she felt about the younger girl.

And when salty tears started falling down Rosé's face at two in the morning after countless hours tossing and turning around in bed thinking about the girl and how good her lips felt over hers, she knew she was fucked.

She didn't have a crush on Lisa. She was in love with her, deeply, desperately.

She needed Lisa, and she needed her right in that moment. She couldn't wait anymore.

That's why she found herself darting through the dark streets of Seoul at such a ungodly hour in the morning, ignoring the fear trying to take over her thoughts. Her legs were hurting and her throat was starting to become dry from all the running, but it wasn't enough to make her lose focus. She needed to see Lisa, and the thought alone was enough to keep her body from breaking in two.

And as if the universe was working in her favor, her phone vibrated as soon as she found herself in front of the younger's house, revealing a message that made Rosé's lips curl up in a smile.

lili:
hey
are you awake?

rosie:
look outside of your window

lili:
??

rosie:
just do it, silly

And next thing Rosé knows, Lisa is staring down at her from the window, a shocked expression painting her delicate features, making it impossible for her not to giggle silently at how cute the other girl looked when she was sleepy, almost disappearing inside of her oversized black hoodie.

But when the door opens and she's face to face with Lisa again, all the air from inside of her lungs disappear like magic. She's all nervous and insecure again, hands trembling and sweating even though it was winter. Lisa seems to notice Rosé's uneasiness this time, dragging the leader inside and guiding her upstairs into the comfort of her warm bedroom.