2: leaving

Jinx had been walking for a while now. She had followed the river and tried to remain out of sight. She couldn't risk word getting out that she was going. It would only bring confusion and questions. She wasn't ready to answer them.

She didn't know exactly where she was going yet. She hadn't planned it out that far. All she knew is she was going to go as far as she could until she found somewhere safe to stay. 

Maybe there would be a village nearby that she could stop at. Or if she got on a boat she could travel to Bilgewater and stay there for a while. 

Demacia and Noxus definitely weren't good places to go. They are always at war with each other and it would probably be best to just stay out of it. Demacia is just filled with boring prudes anyway. She wasn't really sure about anywhere else. She had never left Zaun before. 

No ones going to accept you into their home, your going to be pregnant and homeless

She ignored the whispers and kept walking until she saw a small port. Could she sneak on a ship and just start again wherever it stops. She didn't have much money. In Zaun most people just stole stuff so money wasn't really a big deal unless you were going to a brothel. Could she play the pregnant woman card yet or was it too soon. She wasn't going to beg. Hopefully the person just lets her on without a fight. She made her way to the side of the ship and spotted a man preparing to leave.

"Hi, is this your ship?" She asked as innocently as she could "where are you headed?"

"No miss, I just work here, we're headed for Bilgewater" the man didn't sound how she expected him to. He was polite and seemed nervous when he spoke. 

It's decided then. She's going to Bilgewater.

"I'm headed there myself, mind if I join you" 

"Umm…sure" the man sounded like he had never spoken to a woman before. She honestly felt bad for him. 

She climbed aboard the ship and waited for it to leave. She just needed to try to make it as far as she could without causing trouble or getting recognised.

You're going to get thrown off. They're going to realise that you're just a jinx and leave you on some island. 

"Shut up, I'll be fine. Nothing can go wrong" this earned her a judgmental look from one of the other men. Oops, Looks like she's already fucking up. Just try to be quiet and stay out of the way, …who was she kidding, that never worked out for her.

Just act like an average pregnant woman and not an insane terrorist. This was going to be a challenge but she could do it. Right?

___________________

They know who you are. There going to turn you in as soon as we stop

"They don't know, how could they know? Just shut up" mylo wouldn't shut up. He hadn't shut up for the past hour. He was really starting to annoy her now. 

"You say something, sweetheart?" She hated being called sweetheart, if she could pull out her pistol and shoot this man she would. She looked up to see him, he had scars on his face and a bald head.  

"No, I'm fine" she mumbled she knew if she had said anything else she would end up fighting this idiotic looking man and for her own sake she would rather avoid that for now. Maybe later she would just shoot him to teach him a lesson. Yeah that's what she would do. 

She tried to spend the rest of her journey ignoring everyone and staying out of trouble. She was currently succeeding with this. She didn't know how long she could stay out of trouble for. This had to be a new record. She just sat out of the way. She knew if she stood up something would end up exploding or the whole ship would spontaneously burst into flames. She just had a way of leaving a trail wherever she went. For once she was desperate to cover her current tracks. 

__________________

She was right. She had stood up to look over the edge and somehow a box managed to catch on fire. She had put it out before it got too bad but now the ship smelt burnt. 

They would finally reach bilgewater in half an hour. She felt a strange burst of pride. She had done it, she had managed to leave. Nothing had gone too bad yet, except for getting pregnant and somehow setting a box on fire. She didn't know how long that would last but she was going to make the most of it until her luck ended. 

Just wait you'll jinx it all eventually, you can't run from the truth

Why couldn't mylo just let her have this one thing. He always had to go and ruin the mood. She could try to ignore him but that always made him shout louder. Well he could fuck off. He might be right but so far she didn't care, everything was going ok. 

She couldn't wait to get off this ship. Yes it was fun to experience something new but she had sat in the same space for two and a half hours, she really wanted to blow something up. She was ready to explore. She was ready for anything that came her way. She was ready to destroy some buildings. Or people. Or anything she came across. 

___________________

Finally, they had stopped. The air was thick with salt but it was still cleaner than Zaun. Anywhere was cleaner than Zaun. 

She made her way to a tavern to try and find shelter for the night. It wouldn't be permanent but it would be a start. 

The tavern keeper was a short, plump woman. She looked like she hadn't smiled in years. She eyed Jinx up and down before trying to speak. 

"You looking for a room or ale?" She spoke, her accent was one she hadn't heard much of. It wasn't too common for people from Bilgewater to visit Piltover or Zaun. Most of them preferred to stay out at sea. 

"A room" 

The woman handed her the key with a grunt as Jinx fished in her pockets for the money. 

Jinx headed to her room and opened the door. It was a basic room. A bed, draws, and a small bathroom attached. This would do for now. 

She wanted to go back down to the pub and drink like everyone else. Unfortunately for her, pregnant women weren't supposed to drink alcohol, or at least that's what people outside of zaun said. The next five months were going to be boring. Well, she might as well try to socialise and gather information. 

She sat at a table. Instead of ale she had settled for juice. There were drunk people singing loud sea shanties and telling stories about their travels. One man claimed to have fought a giant squid monster. Maybe not all of them were true but she had to admit they did have a good imagination. 

She noticed another girl sitting by herself. She didn't look like she was from here. She didn't look like a pirate but she didn't look like she was from Zaun either. 

The girl had blonde hair and blue eyes. She swore that the girl looked like she was glowing, she was probably the prettiest thing in this dull tavern.

She looked mysterious, like she didn't look like she belonged here. Jinx really wanted to know what she was hiding. What would a girl like her be doing in a place like this? She would admit this girl was intriguing. Maybe she will find a friend after all.