1: finding out

How long had it been since that night? Oh yeah, 4 months. 4 months since the boy saviour found her drinking alone on a roof and decided to join her.

They Hadn't spoken since that night. She had been avoiding him. She wasn't completely sure what happened that night but she could guess. She woke up the next morning on the same roof barely clothed surrounded by empty bottles. He was close to her in a similar state. Confused, she slowly started to realise her situation. Part of her wanted to wake the boy and scream at him, another part told her to run.

She gathered the rest of her clothes off of the floor and hastily got dressed. She turned back to give one last glance to the boy, His still unconscious form lay on the floor. This was probably the calmest she had seen him in years. He's usually always on edge, ready for her to snap at any moment. She couldn't blame him, she had killed a lot of his friends. But now he was so peaceful. She wanted to stay and be a part of this.

But she knew this wouldn't last, when he eventually wakes up he will be the same annoying ekko he always has been.

So she ran.

She ran through the streets of Zaun that were filled with people who were setting up stalls and drunk people who were still out from a night of drinking. She was doing the same, wasn't she?

She kept running until she reached the entrance of her hideout. Only then did she stop to think.

What the fuck had actually happened last night. Had her and ekko actually fucked or was she just over reacting. Maybe they just got too hot? Who was she kidding, they definitely did something. She just hoped he didn't regret it.

From that day she had tried to avoid ekko. She didn't know if he even remembered that night but she didn't want to risk him even asking. She tended to leave the firelights alone since Silcos death.

But after that night they had only fought once. They didn't have time to talk, the fight was fast. She hadn't seen him since then. Would he even want to see her again?

That was 4 months ago. Now she had suspicions that something from that night had stayed with her. Something that would change her life forever. Even if she wanted to convince herself everything was the same as before, there was more evidence showing up to prove her otherwise.

First sign: she had missed her period. At first she had assumed it was because of the shimmer. It wasn't unusual for her period to be irregular but 4 months without one. That was strange. Second sign: morning sickness. She had once again tried to convince herself she was fine and this was just another coincidence but now she was starting to question. Third sign: fatigue. She was used to feeling tired before her surgery but after the shimmer she always had a weird amount of energy, she could never sleep so she would work on bombs and other gadgets. But now it felt like all she did was sleep.

Most women in zaun don't have the resources to find out if they're expecting until they notice the signs. She had even heard of women who didn't know they were pregnant until they were giving birth. Those pilties didn't know how lucky they were to even have all of those resources.

She had heard of multiple methods of pregnancy tests from piltover. Each test was better depending on how much money you had. Most of the women just used a basic test, she had heard that you could just get them from shops.

Would it be worth stealing one just to check. She was pretty sure she knew the answer but maybe it would be best to know for certain.

Ok. That was what she was going to do. Sneak into piltover steal a test. Do said test. Know the truth.

Did she really want to know the truth though? What would she even do if it was positive. Keep living in denial until it was born?

Would she have to tell someone? Who would she even tell? She couldn't tell Vi, Vi would overreact and she would have to see her piltie girlfriend then and probably get arrested in the process. She would rather not give birth in prison. Her other option was ekko and she wasn't going to walk into the lion's den and go through the firelights to tell him.