Running for your love

The sun is starting to go down and the air is warm. Newt stood at the entrance of the maze, waiting for Thomas and Minho to come back. Though he was mostly there because of Thomas, Thomas whose dumbass decided to become a runner and risk his life every day, and everyday Newt was scared that he might not make it. But Thomas had promised that he would be on time to get back, Newt remembered he said something like "I don't want to lose you now when you're finally mine" and Newt had chuckled and called him cheesy before he kissed him.

They had got together two months ago, and all the Gladers were really supportive. Gally too, or maybe the most supportive he said he could be to Thomas, which included giving him smiles three times a week and if he was in a good mood, he would give him a high five when he returned from the maze.

But now the sun was setting, and Newt was getting more and more worried about his boyfriend not being able to make it, while Newt was standing and looking out in the maze Thomas was basically running for his life.

Him and Minho had somehow taken the wrong way while they were joking around and now, they have a long way back, the doors would close in about 15 minutes and the way back would take 17 minutes. You maybe think that two minutes is nothing but, in the maze, it definitely is, those doors don't wait for anyone and they're definitely not late.

Sweat was covering his forehead as he ran, he knew Newt would be shitting his pants if he wouldn't be back soon, he needed to get back, for Newt.

"We really got to hurry up Thomas, I'm not up for spending another night here." Minho managed to choke out between his heavy breaths as they ran.

"Yh-Yeah" he breathes out.

Time goes and soon half of the glade are standing and looking out in the maze, nervously waiting for the runners to come back. Some people shoot Newt nervous glances, as the others holds their glance in the deep dark stone walls.

And soon enough they heard a loud crack in the walls, and they slowly started to close.

"THERE!" Someone shouts, and Newt could finally spot Thomas.

Thomas who was running for his life, Minho was some steps in front of him. It felt like his legs were about to collapse and his mind was spinning. Everyone was shouting and trying to back away from the entrance so they could just run in without getting stopped by someone. And then he spotted Newt, his Newt. He had tears in his eyes and looked like he was about to collapse him too, Thomas soon realized that he wouldn't be able to just run into the glade.

The doors were now halfway closed, and Minho had nearly made it.

The walls flew by as Thomas ran, trying to ignore all the hysterical shouts and pep screams. He soon realized that he would not be able to just run inside by the little space there was left between the grey stone walls, he would need to push himself through sideways if he wanted to make it, it was a very big risk that he would be squeezed to death, but it was worth the risk, for Newt.

He was now just meters from the walls, it was now or never, he thought before running inside. Suddenly a rush of panic comes in as he enters the small space, in panic he pushes himself sideways as the space becomes tighter and tighter. At this point he could feel the walls pushed on his feet.

But by a sudden adrenaline rush he managed to push himself out of the small space and enter the glade, some of the Gladers gave him a pat on the back or a high five before walking off and giving him and Newt some space.

What Thomas didn't expect when he got up to Newt was a hard slap across his cheek, though he didn't have time to process that because soon enough he was pulled into a bone breaking hug.

"Don't you dare bloody scare me like that again" Newt whispers into his shoulders as tears escapes his eyes.

"I'm sorry" Thomas replies, pulling away from the hug but just so little that he would be able to see Newt's face, he slowly places one hand on his face, wiping away the tears with his thumb with a smile.

Later on, they were in Newt's hut, comfortably snuggling into each other. Newt still has a bed since the 'incident' with his leg and the Gladers decided that he could keep the bed incase hes having trouble with his limp.

Thomas was resting his head on Newt's chest while he was holding two protective arms around him, the sounds of Newt's heartbeat and his chest rising up and down immediately made him comfy and calm. "I love you Tommy"

"I love you too"

____________________

I'm sorry this was so short, I've been pretty busy with school, The next oneshot will be longer! : )

Please let me know what you think of this and consider voting if you liked it!

-A/n

Words: 886