Maybe we'll be fine after all

Papers everywhere, plates with unfinished meals piled on top of each other, the room is dark and dusty, no one has probably not even bothered to open the window, everything is quiet and still, even the guy in the bed. The guy who once laid in bed crying and shaking for days, is quiet. If you would light a candle or open the door you would probably see red puffy eyes from him silently crying in the night and I bet if he would get one wish, one simple wish, he would wish for his friend back. The friend with blonde fluffy hair, the friend with soft brown eyes, the friend with thick british accent, the boy with the most loving personality that put everyone else before himself, the boy that caught a virus, the boy who begged his friend in bed to kill him, to put him out of his misery before he would turn and kill him, the boy who's friend was in love with. Now that boy's friend can't seem to find the motivation in doing anything anymore, the boy's friend who's name is Thomas.

Newt and Thomas, if you thought of Thomas then you Newt would pop up in your brain and if you thought of Newt then Thomas would somehow pop up in your brain too.

A silent knock on the wooden door breaks the silence "Hey uh Thomas, can I come in?"
the person must've heard someone moving inside so he entrances "Hey Minho.." His voice is tired and just a tad shaky.

"Someone is here to-" Minho starts but get cuts of by Thomas "If its frypan who wants to force me to eat something you can tell him to leave" he says and sits up, wincing as some black dots appears and his head aching a bit from the low iron but then quickly disappears.

"No, actually someone is here to see you" he says, it's first now that Thomas spots the happy look on his best friend's face, "What has gotten you so happy?" he mumbles, but still enough for Minho to be able to hear. "Oh nothing, nothing" he says with a smug smile before he leaves.

Thomas just shrugs before he lets his body drop onto the bed again, not really caring who it is. He just wants to see Newt.

Some time goes by before he can hear another knock, this one a bit softer than the previous one.

He sighs "Yes?" He doesn't look at the door, who cares anyways? What Thomas didn't know was that in the door there stood a guy, the guy with soft brown eyes and freckles.

Newt let his eyes scan the door, letting out a light gasp when he sees all the mess.

Thomas immediately tenses up as he hears the gasp, slowly turning around so he can see who's actually standing in the doorway.

"Hey Tommy" Newt smiles, lifting his hand in a little wave. "Newt..?" He breathes, he's quick to his feet, not caring about the low iron this time, "No, No.." Newt gives him a confused look, waiting for him to continue "Fuck, No get out oh-of my head" He shuts his eyes, placing both of his hands on his head, trying to convince himself that this is just another hallucination, repeating the same words again and again; 'Get out of my head'. Newt quickly understands what's going on as his smile drops and he walks over to the broken boy, placing his hands on his shoulders, forcing him to look directly in his eyes. "It's me Thomas, I promise it's me. I'll explain everything soon alright? I just need you to believe me"

Thomas just stares, stares and stares, he stares as the tears slowly falls down his chin in and Newt starts to wonder what the hell had happened after he 'died'. Then the hug comes, Thomas throws himself in Newt's arms, full on crying in his shoulder as Newt rubs his back, trying to comfort him but the tears soon escape his eyes too. They just stand like that, taking in each other's smells, and accepting that this is really happening, their arms wrapped around each other and Newt realizes how thin Thomas has become, he takes a quick look up, spotting all the untouched meals and plates.