Sleepless nights and cold roofs

Thomas couldn't sleep, he had struggled with that for a while now. It was now 2 AM and he didn't even feel a little bit tired, just drained. His whole face felt sucked in, and it felt like his eyebags were just getting heavier and heavier under his eyes.

Newt; His boyfriend was sleeping next to him, softly snoring now and then, his blonde hair was everywhere, and his pillow and his pink lips were just slightly parted, Oh god how he loved him.

He soon went back to stare into the ceiling, it used to be white, but it had gotten a little grey from all the dust and stuff since it was a while, they had the motivation to deep clean the apartment. They had moved in together pretty quickly, soon they had lived there for a year and now they were nineteen.

Boredom.

Thomas was really bored, and boredom led to thinking, which led to overthinking, which led to having small and fast anxiety attacks in bed. This had been going on for a while, so he was used to it and learned in time how to handle them. It was usually the common symptoms like fast heartbeat, trouble with breathing and feeling dizzy, though it didn't last for so long and the symptoms weren't so strong.

Now he was on stage two, thinking.

Some minutes have passed and now he's on stage three, overthinking.

He felt his heartbeat go faster and decided he couldn't do it anymore, he sat up and quietly got up from bed, careful not to wake up his sleeping boyfriend.

He held his breath as he closed the bedroom door, trying not to make any loud noises. He walked out to the balcony, their apartment was the highest up so when he was out on the balcony, he pulled down a ladder that plumber's and electronics like that used and climbed up.

The roof was flat and had a big metal box that probably had electronic stuff in it in the corner, the night was cool, but the wind was a tad cold, but not so cold that it bothers him. He sat down on the quiet hard roof, looking up at the sky. Shining stars were splattered all over it, some shining more than others. And after a while of looking, he could recognize some zodiac signs that he'd learn in school a while ago, he was never really interested in the signs, but he absolutely loved the stars.

Sometimes he would imagine that Chuck or his parents were looking down at him, each representing their own star and maybe they could watch him through the stars, or maybe Chuck could even come down and sit beside him, even though he couldn't see him.

Suddenly a blanket gets thrown over the edge up on the roof, soon followed by a hand taking a grip on the edge and a blonde head looking over.

"Newt?" He says when Newt's finally on the roof, wrapping himself in the blanket. "What are you doing up here?" He answers and sits beside him.

"I heard you close the balcony door and followed you; I thought you would be on the balcony but then I saw the ladder and heard you, so I climbed up" he says, resting his head on Thomas shoulder.

"Why are you even up here?"

"Couldn't sleep" he says, combing Newt's hair with his hand as Newt sighs "I know there's more behind it, please tell me"

Thomas sighs and lays on his back on the hard cold roof, Newt soon follows and lays his head on Thomas chest. "I have been having trouble with sleeping for a while, I don't know why. I usually start to overthink after a while and I just couldn't deal with that tonight, so I decided to go outside to get some air." he says, anxiously fidgeting with his hands.

"Why didn't you tell me? You could've woken me up you know?" Newt says as he grabs Thomas's fidgeting hands and holds them, caresses his thumb over his knuckles.
"I didn't want to bother you" he looks away "Come on, let's get inside, it's bloody freezing out here" Newt then says after a long time of silence, standing up and offering a hand to Thomas, which he takes.

They climb down the ladder and into the warm apartment, their bedroom door is open from when Newt went out.

Newt lays down in the bed, and after Thomas has drunk a glass of water, he lays down beside him.
Newt wraps one arm around Thomas's waist and snuggles his face into his shoulder, spooning him. Thomas gently intertwines his and Newt's finger and closes his eyes, he could feel Newt's warm breath in his neck and the slow and his chest going up and down.

And for the first time in a while Thomas's falls asleep and sleeps the whole night without waking up.

__________________________________________________________

I'm sorry this was pretty short and rushed, next one will hopefully be longer : )

Make sure to vote if you liked it!

- A/n

Words: 852