-'๑'- cнαρтɛя 1

ι. нιм

✧ ✦ ✧

       Your eyes scanned across every book amongst the walls, before stopping specifically on one title where it said 'Aranara'.

The sudden reoccurrence of them popping up in your dreams was what had piqued your interest about them. It was simply just because you didn't know what to do with most of the free time you've had, so you've decided you wanted to learn more.

Although only students and teachers were allowed to borrow books from Teyvat's largest library, you've been granted permission to enter only at certain times, but you weren't allowed to actually check out the books.

The book was a little high up, but not too high whereas you wouldn't be able to reach it unless you used your tippy toes. You mentally sigh, not wanting to go the extra lengths just to grab the book. Nonetheless, you reach up for it -- but right when you were about to grab a hold, someone else's half gloved hand takes it before you could.

Initially, you thought that someone might've seen you struggling and came over to help you reach for the book. So you were ready to let them know you were grateful for the help.

"Ah, thank y—"

You expected the to have the book handed to you, but you stopped your words when they only drew back with it, leaving you a little dumb-founded.

"Uhh . . . Excuse me," You say while turning around, honestly wanting to see what kind of person would rudely just take it while well-aware that you were clearly trying to get it first. But when you do, the person already had the book open, seemingly skimming over the pages.

Woah, this guys hot.

"Ahem —" You clear your throat, hoping to get his attention again to your rather obvious presence. But the man only ignored you, as if you weren't there at all. Maybe you weren't loud enough?

"S-Sir? If you don't mind, I already had my eye on that book and. . ."

You end up trailing your words off to nothing when the man slowly moves his eyes to side - eye you. And it wasn't a nice, polite look. The man gave you daggers, with a clear hint of annoyance and dislike in his eyes.

'the hell?'

It feels like you just got shrunken down ten times your size with those piercing eyes of his, what in the world did you ever to do him?

You do have to admit, it scared the crap out of you.

Well, never mind. You take back calling him hot. This guys being a prick for absolutely no reason. He obviously saw you trying to get to the book first and just decided to selfishly take it before you could.

Because you're a nice person and believe in second chances, you decide to try again. It's possible you might've read him wrong, even though his eyes gave you murder.

"Sir, if you don't mind — I urgently need that book for my studies. . ." You try to sound as convincing and nice as possible. You actually don't need it for anything. But he won't ever find out, right?

You reach your finger out to tap him. But before you make contact, he closes the book, and easily puts it back up where he got it from. And just like that, he walks away.

"Asshole..." you muttered. Your eyes follow his figure while he just leaves to wherever he's off to, all while giving him a look that just screams 'really?'

But who cares anyway. It definitely killed your mood for today, but at least he was gone and you wouldn't have to deal with him anymore. It's very unlikely you'll see the stranger again, so there's no reason to keep thinking about it.

Once he grows away from your sight, your mood lightens up. You focus your attention back to what you were trying to do earlier, and try to reach up for the book. And that's when it hit you.

When he put the book back, he pushed it farther down so you wouldn't be able to reach it.

'that jerk-face. . .'

 ✧ ✦ ✧

_________ ׂׂૢ་༘࿐

A/N: I've always wanted to write a fanfic for him ever since he came out cuz wtf this man does things to me 🫦