New Affair (Part 5)

The Lone Star mall holds a variety of stores, from the useful, to the "how do they make money" kind. The stores specializing in only cleaning products, the sword store, the eccentric spiritual store, and the bootleg anime products. I saw a cross-eyed WUFFY statue with an apparent misspelling on the box. This is not one of those stores.

A local business has found success after years of hard work and began to expand throughout the last decade. A cozy cafe that serves the city's best sandwiches and coffee. That isn't only the owner boasting, as it was voted the best cafe in Austin 5 years running. It is called Cafe Llama.

Sitting in the cafe's rustic and timeless charm are Aly and Don. Each table is decorated with old comic books and printed-out webcomic panels to give the space some appeal. This one is themed after a phantom thief in Mexico called Yualco trying to save a group of kidnaped women from the city gang.

Aly catches herself reading the table as she sips on her coffee. Don munches on a chicken pesto sandwich while staring at his phone.

ALY 

When I get home, I'm checking this out. 

Though what I really want to know is, 

are you in yet?

Don taps on his phone and looks up with a sly smile. What makes the location special is the business across the hall. A big chain bank set up an office in the mall. They updated furniture, security systems, and tech. It's so good; if you can log into the Wi-Fi, you can still have a strong signal in the cafe. Don is aware of this as he is currently on their Wi-Fi and more.

He places the phone on the table to reveal the security footage of the bank's lobby. He has a full view of the teller and the small cubicle offices. There are six cubicles in three rows of two, all occupied by a worker and a customer.

 There are six cubicles in three rows of two, all occupied by a worker and a customer

They both stare at the screen and begin absorbing information. Each worker wears the same powder blue dress shirt and black slacks. All beards are well trimmed, and hair is tied up in a top bun if length allows. The bank believes in a strict dress code and conformity.

Aly points to the cubicle tucked in the top left corner of the cubicle section. Sitting there is a short blonde hair man talking to a man in a navy suit with short white hair.

ALY 

That's our guy.

Don grabs her finger and moves her finger to another blonde man on the lower left side talking to a woman.

DON 

That's our guy.

ALY