New Affair (Part 4)

Aly walks up to the glass doors, pushes it open with her back, and walks through the empty lobby. She makes it to the next door and kicks it with her foot. ALY Bro. Open up!

The door opens wide enough for Don to pop his head out. DON Don't kick in the door. We have a client here.

His eye bounces from her to the tray in her hand with the pizza slices sitting on it. DON Did you steal that from the food court? Come on; we need to look professional.

ALY 

We're paying for the food. 

What's more professional than that?

Don opens the door all the way to let her in. Sitting in a chair in front of Don's desk is a woman with long blonde hair, a face that would sell out magazines and eyes as green as Ireland's most lush rolling hills. Don places the tray and drinks on his desk then hands out the plates and napkins. 

Aly picks up the bitter black coffee and hands it to the lady, then gives the sweet drink to her burly brother and takes the cold brew for herself

Aly picks up the bitter black coffee and hands it to the lady, then gives the sweet drink to her burly brother and takes the cold brew for herself. DON Where did we leave off, Ms...? Don stops, noticing he never asked for her name. MRS. OLIVE Mrs. Olive. Well, maybe not for long.

She speaks in a soft, sorrowful voice. The siblings begin to eat their pizzas. Don unbuttons his jacket while Aly sits at her desk, laying her napkins on her side and folding her pizza like a taco shell before biting.

ALY 

Mrs. Olive, I'm excited that you're 

choosing to do your business with us.

Aly says before taking a careful bite of pizza. Don is glad she decides not to eat her usual way, which has been compared to a newborn discovering their first plate of mush. 

MRS. OLIVE 

Well, I wasn't looking for private investigators. 

I saw this here and thought why not? 

I mean, I didn't think I would even find 

a P.I. firm in this mall.

She says, clearly still shocked by the fact. 

ALY 

So, you're saying that this 

location helped with your choice.

Aly eyes Don, who chooses not to acknowledge the look.