2) Time to talk

"Hey kiddo can we talk?"
Spencer's POV
When I turned around to see maya it shocked me a little bit because I wasn't expecting her to want to talk so soon. "Yea I guess." I say "let's go to Joes bar." Maya said I nodded in agreement. We both went to our cars and met at joes bar. We walk in to joes bar and take a sit at one of the tables. "Why did you wanna come here?" I asked her "it's better we talk in a public place right I didn't know if you would have felt comfortable going to my place." She tells me I nod. "So what you wanna talk about?" I asked "um how you decided to become an firefighter." She answered "what do you mean maya." I asked "you never seem interested in it when I told the family I was going into the academy so why?" She said "maya it's not that I wasn't interested in it. Dad he...he um told me to focus on running cause I had all those meets coming up." I said "Maya the only reason I started running was to be like you." I continue to tell her "But yet you went all the way as to follow me to the station." She said "if you don't want me at your station fine I'll put in for a transfer. I had no choice as to where they placed me." I told her I mean I get it we haven't seen each other for a while but I didn't think she'd get upset that I was at her station. "That's not what I want Spence. I don't care you got placed there I just didn't know you wanted to be a firefighter." She tells me "yea neither did dad.." say in a kinda low voice. "What?" She said "um dad didn't know either." I said she just looked at me with those same eyes she looked at me when we where little and dad was training us for a meet. Dad was hard on Maya and me both but once Maya left it was like a whole different person when we trained.

*flashback*
"Come on girls time to go." I hear dad say as me and Maya are eating breakfast "coming." Maya calls out "come on kiddo don't wanna make him mad." She says to me "okay but I'm not done eating yet." I tell her "eat later you'll be okay." She says and we both get up go to dads car and we get to the field. "Okay let's go." Dad said we got out the car and made our way to the field "Spencer I want you to keep up with Maya today or pass her you got to beat her to beat the others at the meet." He tells me "okay." I say me and maya get to the line "you got this kiddo." She tells me and then we're off. "Come on Spencer speed up!" My dad yells. I try my hardest to catch up with maya but she's fast. We where getting close to the finish line and dad yelled again "SPENCER SPEED UP!" I tried to pick up my speed but there was no use she had already won. I knew that I'd be walking home. After the race maya walked up to me "Big sisters always win." Maya said sarcastically "yea yea." I said

*end of flashback*
"You okay there kiddo?" Maya asked me "yea I'm fine." I said take a sip of my beer. But honestly I wasn't fine I knew that what dad did when we where younger wasn't right but Maya on the other hand didn't see it that way. "I'm glad your at my station kiddo." She told me. "Really? You are?" I asked "yea of course I mean I know stuff happened when we were younger but I'm past that now." She tells me "okay I am two I'm glad to be at your station." I tell her. We talk for a couple hours then go our separate ways.

*the next morning*

I wake up to my alarm going off. I get up get ready and head to the station I decided on running to the station instead of driving cause it's only like a 3 mile run or so. Plus I needed the exercise. Once I get to the station I go to the locker rooms put my stuff away then head to the gym. After about 15 minutes of being in the gym Jack walks in "hey didn't I pass you running to work this morning?" He asked "yea" I said while lifting weights. "And you still came to the gym to workout?" He asked I nodded "you are definitely Mayas sister  aren't you." He said I laughed a little. After my workout I went and took a shower then got dressed. 

"Hey little Maya is it okay if I call you that?" Vic asked "yea sure been called it a lot in my life." I tell her. "So your on aid car with me again today." She said and I nod then she leaves.  I  started my chores for the day.

It was a slow day not a lot of calls so my first two days here haven't been to bad. But that was to good to be true as soon as I sat down to eat lunch the alarm went off

*Aid car 19 latter 19*

A/N: hey guys hope you like it let me know what you think