30

A l e x a n d r o   M a n c i n i

I stayed the night at Kate's house, trying to protect her and her family more, more guards came with me after all.

When I came downstairs, I saw Kate and Trevor sitting down at the dining table. She had a coffee, he had an empty plate in front of him.

"Good morning." They looked at me, Kate stood up and walked away.

"Not a morning person is she?" I asked as I sat down on the chair she just sat.

"Not really no."

"Ever since we were kids, breakfast was her favorite so why did she stop eating? I know her and she'd never skip a meal."

"You knew her, not anymore, she has changed Alexandro. And yeah breakfast is her favorite but she hasn't been eating much lately."

"Why? Is she doing it on purpose? To taunt me?" I asked as I poured in some orange juice

"Taunt you?" He raised his eyebrows "Why would she 'taunt' you?"

"She doesn't want the child, I do; she hates this arranged marriage, I do to but slightly less."

"She's not that childish."

I looked at him with the 'are you serious look'.

"Okay maybe she is, she's just not focused on eating probably, she more busy with catching those guys."

"That doesn't mean she has to starve herself Trevor! It's bad for the baby but it's also bad for her!" I slightly yelled at him

"I know! Don't you fucking yell at me!"

"I'm worried about her Trevor."

"Are you worried about her or about that child she's carrying? For as far as I know, you want that child, not her. You're the one making her keep that thing!"

"That thing? It's a baby, it's a living child! And she was already carrying it, it didn't change when I came along."

"It's killing her Alexandro, she never wanted a child, not after losing everything she wanted and needed. It's hurting her and that child, it will grow up with a mother who never wanted them." Trevor walked away pissed off, I know he cares about her, but so do I. I know she doesn't want that child, but it will safe her, it will make her feel loved again- I hope.

As I walked to the garden, I saw Kate sitting in a chair, watching the waterfall. I sat down in the chair next to her.

"Hey" I said softly

"What?" She snapped

"You need to eat Kate, it's bad for the baby not to eat, it's bad for you."

"It's a hell for me Alexo, you know how scared I am to have this child?! To lose it again?!"

"You've already went to the biggest hell you can imagine." She looked confused at me "Kate, you've been in sex trafficking I know that, you've lost so much, you've been hurt so fucking much."

"How do you know about all that?" Her eyes shot to me, eyes filled with fear and anger. "Alexo, how did you know about this sex trafficking?"

"I know that when you were younger, your uncle pushed you in it, not for long but.."

"I-I can't do this." A tear fell down her face, she got up and ran away.

"You screwed it up again." I was shocked to see Trevor, again, he leaned against the doorframe, slurping his coffee.

"I hate you." I got up and ran after Kate. "Kate! Please wait, don't walk away from this. This is called talking you know? At some point we have to talk about this."