Two Sides of the World

{Rose Xiao Long Cabin in Patch. 3rd POV}

"It'd be so cool to have a robot arm!" Yang told Gaia. They had just finished a training session together as they were now resting on the grass. The Ultra paused for a second after hearing her words, visibly shaking for a moment.

In response to this, Gaia just crossed his arms into an X as he shook his head. The blonde girl tilted her head in confusion from this.

"What? But just imagine all the cool things I can make it have, especially if Ruby helps me with it." She said to him. Flashbacks to Yang trying to fight Adam go to Gaia's mind as the girl in question unknowingly wishes for something she obtains in the future.

Gaia just sighs to himself before waving his hand to the side, telling Yang to just put that on hold for now. Thankfully, the conversation ends as Ruby pops in with Zwei in her arms as Summer and Tai hold a tray of cookies. 

"Hey guys, we got cookies!" Ruby exclaimed, quickly snatching some from the tray and shoving them into the void that is her mouth. Tai sighed and Summer giggled from seeing this, Gaia looked on in confusion before being utterly bewildered as he saw Summer herself do the same thing as Ruby, at even faster speeds.

Yang and Tai see the shocked look on the giant's face before reassuring him, "You get used to it." They both said as Gaia finally snapped out of it. The whole family sits down together as they talk and joke around, the Ultra keeps quiet and instead pets Zwei who has relaxed into his lap.

The sounds of laughter and talking fade as Gaia listens to Remnant itself. Suddenly, the feeling of dread and aggression arrive as Gaia snaps out of it and begins looking around. Zwei notices this and gets off the giant's lap as he makes a confused noise while tilting his head.

With the red giant looking distressed and their dog confused, the Rose Xiao Long family notice and try to find out what's wrong, only for Gaia to ignore them as he kneels down and tries sensing what is happening.

Eventually, he can feel the sea warning him of a threat. He tries to focus harder but fails as only one thing is told to him.

'Doppelganger.' And then silence. Whatever the ocean tried to warn him has somehow disrupted their connection. Gaia finally stops and stands back up before looking to the worried family.

"Gaia, what's wrong?" Summer asks, receiving a nod as a reply. Suddenly, her scroll rings as she checks it to find Glynda Goodwitch calling her.

The Silver-Eyed Huntress is filled with confusion before answering the call.

"Hey Glynda." The words coming from the other end shock Summer as she grows wide-eyed and quickly looks to her family. This gets them even more paranoid.

"Kids, we need to go inside now." She tells them. They go to ask why but Summer avoids answering and just ushers them inside. After Ruby, Yang, and even Zwei are back in the cabin, Tai looks to her with pleading eyes to know what is going on but before she could even say, a loud grunt is heard.

Gaia and the parents look to the sky and see a speeding silhouette falling down to the ground. The Ultra reacts first and quickly grows in size before covering the two in one hand while holding his other arm out to shield the cabin with the kids and dog inside.

The land quakes as debris and dust spreads around the area, masking whatever dropped there. Gaia looks away to shield his eyes from it as he holds on to protect the family. Once the dust begins settling, he lets Summer and Tai go as he stands up in front of the house.

Suddenly, a disgusted grunt is heard before two pink arrow shots are fired. They look similar to Gaia's but shaped sharper and sleeker. The red giant is quick to fire his own Gaia Slashes as they negate the pink ones and get destroyed with them.