Progress of Training for Each Half

{Timeskip to the Rose Xiao Long House. 3rd POV}

In the following weeks, Gaia had started training Ruby and Yang on their minds when in a fight.

"What if you get angry during a fight?" Tai asked, he knew Yang could be a hot-head sometimes and needed to teach her how to stop herself from making mistakes while she was too frustrated.

"I'll just keep going to hit them till they get too tired to dodge it or block it!" Yang said as she started launching a barrage of punches. They were in the front yard of the house as Ruby was petting Zwei, the family's dog. Gaia was standing off to the side while listening to the two blondes talk to each other.

 Gaia was standing off to the side while listening to the two blondes talk to each other

"Yang... If you're too angry to fight, your opponent will just use that and make you too tired to keep hitting them." Tai explained to her. Yang just scoffed at that and gave a reply to her dad's statement.

"Oh yeah, I can totally get a hit on them like that!" With that response, Gaia clapped for attention and gestured at Yang to give him a spar. This would prove if her method worked or not/

She accepted with a confident grin and after a little countdown by Ruby followed by a bark from Zwei to start it, Yang rushed towards Gaia as he just kept blocking each attack she threw at the Ultra. Eventually he started to parry them before pushing her away from him after each barrage of attacks. This in turn began to anger Yang as she started using wilder swings.

Gaia saw her getting angrier and to add even more fuel to the fire, started to dodge the attacks. When he realized she was about to burst from rage, he flicked her forehead. This small flick set her off like a spark to gasoline.

"THAT'S IT!!!" And with that, Yang started doing anything to hit Gaia. Nothing hit because of the Ultraman either parrying, dodging, or just blocking the attacks. Eventually Yang was so tired she gave one final slow and lazy swing before collapsing, thankfully she was caught by Tai before she fell face first.

Ruby and Zwei went towards her and Tai to check up on her as he laid the exhausted blonde down to rest. Gaia looked like he had sighed and shook his head before checking up on her as well.

"Yang! Dad, is Yang okay?" Ruby asked worriedly, Zwei started whimpering as he went to Yang's side.

Tai looked at Ruby before letting her know, "Don't worry Ruby, Yang's just tired from the whole exercise she gave herself." With that Ruby sighed in relief as Zwei wagged his tail and jumped into Yang's arms and started nuzzling her chin.

"Did I... Did I get him...?" Yang tiredly asked, she was looking for any confirmation however there was nothing, with that she started petting Zwei in sadness. Gaia looked at Yang as she felt disappointed in herself, seeing her like this he went to stop it by patting her head as she was doing with Zwei which caused her to look up at him.

"Gaia...? I failed at proving my point and look at me." Yang began as she held Zwei tighter. Gaia just stayed there, listening intently.

"If I fought someone like that, I could've been seriously hurt..." Yang told him sadly. This caused Gaia to remember something in the future, 'Yeah, like a missing arm.' He just dismissed what she said and gestured to himself as the family watched him look as if he was taking a deep breathe, he then pointed to his eyes and then to her own repeatedly.