Part 12

“Ilinka, I have some not so good news...” Duilio says looking nervous. Today it’s just him and me downstairs. He called a private meeting for him and me.

“Alright, what’s the problem?” I ask getting nervous seeing him looking so nervous.

“Lenx turned eighteen.”

“When?” I ask, actually maybe that wasn’t the best thing to ask Duilio, it looks like it hit him pretty hard. They were best friends, and now they wouldn’t ever see each other, well that’s what’s supposed to happen at least. But I have a feeling we’ll see him again.

“ A few days ago. I knew he was seventeen and would be eighteen soon. But he didn’t even say bye. And I’ll never see him again!” He looked up into my eyes. His eyes were extremely red from what looks like lack of sleep. “They announced it two days ago. I haven’t been able to sleep or eat since then. Why am I so torn up? He was just a friend!” He says as a tear escapes his eye and slides down his face.

“It’s normal for you to be so sad. Anybody would be. You had known him for years and trusted him with you’re life,” I said quietly, while pulling him into a hug trying to calm down. He was now full on bawling.

“I’m going to miss him,” Duilio whispers. I nod and continue to sooth him. I pull out of the hug and hold his hand. I pull him to a small room where I know a bed is. I pull out a roll I had in my pocket. I hand it to him and make him eat it. He does and looks a little bit better, some of the color returns to his cheeks. I make him lay down and his sleepiness take over his worry. I sit by him not caring about inspections, a friend needs me.

A few hours later he wakes up and tells me I should go. I leave knowing he wants to cry some more. Lenx might be dead by now. The Mind Project is the worse thing anyone will face. We don’t know what it’s like, only you’re fears are enlarged somehow then you go down. If you survive.

I walk out of the room up the stairs, thinking about the torn up Duilio. Love hurts, but yet we all yearn for it so much.

**********************

“Ilinka, I know you’re in there please open the door. Look alright too, I brought someone,” Dermont yells through the door. I sit up from the nap I was taking. Gerlinde said something about visit Enzi or Venla, I think. It’s free period and I normally would be with Duilio but I decided that today I would let him be sad and have some alone time. I get off my bed and brush my hair with my fingers before opening the door.

“Hi Ilinka,” Dermont’s guest says. It’s him, the guy that I had the elevator a few days ago. What’s he doing here. I smile awkwardly at them both.

“Hi...” I say waiting for him to say his name.

“Astor. My names Astor,” He says.

“Oh! You’re Dermont’s roommate! Cool, anyways why was this so important that you interrupted my nap?” I ask playfully glaring at Dermont.

“He knows about everything, Ilinka.” What how is that possible? This Adam or whatever dude can’t know about everything.

“Ilinka his name is Astor, not Adam,” Dermont says while walking in.

“Shush, you don’t get to correct my thoughts,” I say annoyed while a cocky grin grows on Dermont’s face. Oh God, is there a time he can even take things seriously? Before he says anything I push ASTOR into a chair.

“How do you know?” I ask rather harshly.

“Well I’ve been having these really strange dreams about-” He starts but I interrupt him.

“Dermont go get Oli,” I command.

“Magic word?” He asks but I give him a look saying get-the-hell-out-of-here- and-do-what-I-asked.He slumps over and leaves the room heading to the elevator to get Oli. Good.

“So you said you’ve been having weird dreams. What happened in them?” I ask Astor. He seems totally confused now.

“About these large ships and all these people. And one was taken, but they were fighting for something. But then two ran off and told the shadows....” He says his face full of an emotion I can’t name. It looked like worry, but it also looked relaxed.

“What are the shadows?” I ask.

“Who you mean. I’m not sure who the shadows were, but they were dark and secretive. I kept having the same dream of a lot of people escaping, then last night I had a dream about a girl and a boy telling the shadows what was happening. They were going to bring everyone to The Mind Project.”

“How do you know they were going to bring everyone to The Mind Project?”

“I’m not sure. It’s a dream, and normally in dreams you just know the information, right?” He asks looking unsure of himself.

“No, it’s not normal for everyone. Just for us.”

“What do you mean ‘us’?”

“You’ll see...” I say impatient for Oli and Dermont to come back. ASTOR looks nervous, and uncomfortable, I feel the same way, but I’m covering it up pretty well.

“Hey Ilinka, whoa. Who are you?” Oli says running through the door. Her face is priceless! “Ahaha!” I say laughing and rolling around. Everyone else gives me a dirty look. I stand up and shake off my laughs.

“What were you guys so impatient for?” Oli asks, while putting her jacket on for the first time.

“Oli, this is Astor. Astor, this is Oli,” Dermont explains.

“Nice to meet you,” Astor says politely. Oli nods.

“He’s been having dreams. I think they’re related,” I say. Oli’s eyes get huge. And Astor looks nervous as ever. Dermont looks like he’s interested, but doesn’t care that much.

“Astor, I have some things to explain, then you tell me if anything relates to you’re dreams and what connections you think might be happening, OK?” She asks as if she’s talking to a very small child.

“Um, ok,” He shrugs.

She then explains everything I told my friends, except she also tells him about dreaming and some communication, where she looses me and I get totally confused. Whatever.

“I think some of Ilinka’s friends are spies,” Astor says defiantly. SHIZ! TWO OF MY FRIENDS ARE SPIES? Wait. Why am I listening to him anyways?! He just learned about everything two seconds ago!

“Hm, maybe. I doubt it. Ilinka’s friends seem pretty nice. I doubt that they’re spies,” Oli says shaking off Astor’s comment. Yes! I always knew Oli would be helpful! Well I mean she’s been helpful before but... well whatever! I know what I’m talking about! Don’t confuse me more, other half of my brain! Wait, what?

A knock at the door brought me out of my self confusing chat. I quickly skip to the door thinking Gerlinde must be back and forgotten her key, AGAIN! Which she always does.

“Ilinka Nolan, we know you know about the Alians. A little friend of yours told us. You’re time is ending. You’re plan won’t work,” A robot says with the freakiest grin, I didn’t think robots could grin like that.

I guess some friends were spies, things will only get worse.

 ------------

The next part will be one of the best!! I might upload sunday... so stay tuned!! Thanks for reading!!