Part 11

Hey! I wanted to upload sooner but wattpad was down. Enjoy!

--------------------------

I stand there not believing she’s here. Everyone else stands there awkwardly. They have no idea whats going on.

“Oli?” I manage out again. Yeah, not the smartest way to break an awkward silence.

“Hi guys. So you’re probably confused. I’m Oli, Ilinka’s cousin. Um I fifteen so I’m on you’re ship. And yeah!” Oli says looking at everyone. Everyone smiles. I still feel like I’m in a dream.

“Well anyways, here are the space roamers. You guys can go in them and stuff,” I say wanting to talk to Oli. Everyone goes in different directions. Rei, Enzi and Gerlinde go in one with Duilio’s help. Gar, Venla and Pierre go and look at some huge black weapon. Dermont follows me over to Oli. And Lenx isn’t here. Hm, that’s kinda weird... Where is he? Oh well doesn’t matter.

“How did you get here?” I ask once everyone but the three of us are involved with their investigations.

“I’ve been here. I just normally stay at the back of the room. For everything,” Oli says looking around. What’s she looking at?

“Why?” Dermont asks reminding me he’s there too.

“Um, well... I don’t normally trust people. Especially with spies roaming around,” She says her green eyes looking huge. Spies? I feel my own green eyes going huge. There’s spies?

“What do you mean?” I ask getting nervous. Why didn’t anyone tell me?!

“You didn’t know? There are some kids who get extra care or privileges if they tell if anyone knows something they shouldn't. In other words, they tell the Alians if someone knows what we know and they find out,” She says.

“Urgh! What the hell? Why am I always the last to know this stuff? Everyone keeps the truth away from me! What if someone heard what I told my friends?!” I whisper yell,  not wanting everyone else to hear what we’re talking about.

Dermont and Oli exchange a glance. What the hell did that mean?

“Well...” Dermont starts nervously, “When we do tell you stuff like that you blow up. And we don’t want you to feel limited.” WHAT THE FRIGGIN HELL?

“What?! Are you crazy?! I so don’t blow up! That’s crap!” I yell not caring what the others think. Dermont gives me the look. I look at the ground.

“I’m sorry, I guess I do blow up a little...” Dermont gives me another look. “Ok maybe a lot. But it’s just because I need to know these things.” I say looking at them both. They nod.

“We should tell you more. But we sometimes forget that you only learned about all this a little more than two months ago,” Oli says giving a sympathetic smile. I don’t need sympathy. I hate that look. I try not to look to annoyed. But I seriously think that smile was unnecessary.

Everyone else has stopped what they’re doing to watch us. I give a small smile and give a brief wave. Everyone turns around and pretends to continue what they were doing, but you can tell they’re listening. I frown.

“We’ll talk later,” I grumble before walking to the weapons.

“Aw, does someone need a hug?” Gar asks sarcastically. Normally I would shoot something back. But instead I nod and walk over and hug him. He’s surprised and hesitates before hugging back.

“What’s wrong, Link?” He whispers.

“Nobody ever tells me anything.” He releases me. And makes me look at him. “I tell you everything,” He says looking into my eyes. I feel the corners of my mouth tug up.