Chapter 6 - The Fuck Up, Known As Figure

The group let out a sigh of relief, but there was only one thought running through Y/N's head. They were going to die here, that's if they weren't already. The building was crumbling around them, falling apart and crashing to the floor during that chase.

"Not even a thank you, Nasiir? I carried you throughout that.. thing and I don't get appreciation? Fuck you." Naz complained. He was panting and out of breath; he didn't seem like he was in the mood for Nasiir right now.

Yanan sighed. "You're being petty, but I agree."

"S.. shut up N-Naz.. I don't.. have time.. for your bullshit.." Nasiir growled. His breathing was heavy and irregular as well, although his words were more aggressive and threatening than before. Naz approached Nasiir and leaned in close to his face.

"What are you gonna do about it? Huh, Nasiir?" Naz grumbled.

Yanan got in between the two of them before anything escalated any further. "Hey guys stop with the yelling, we're gonna be okay." Y/N spoke up, with his best attempt at a reassuring tone. It wasn't very convincing.

Y/N had no idea where this sudden outburst came from, or why it happened at all, but maybe he could use it to their advantage. At least, he hoped so.

The two left eachother alone and the group could advance. Y/N took another step forward, ready to run into whatever awaited him at the end of that hallway. Naz still had to carry Nasiir since Y/N had given up, and Yanan wasn't strong enough.

42, 45, 49.

The room in Door 49 was really different. It was unique since it looked like a library reception room, with bookshelves lining every wall. But that wasn't what caught everyone's attention most. No, it was the door at the other end of the room.

There was an elegant door, standing tall. Y/N could hear faint roaring from behind the door. Something told him the creature was on the other side of that door. But the others seemed unbothered by that.. or they couldn' hear it.

Y/N glanced back at Naz, to see him dragging Nasiir along the floor, muttering something to himself under his breath. Yanan just watched on with a disappointed expression on his face.

Yanan headed towards Y/N, and they made their way to the door. Yanan cracked it open and immediately closed it. He looked like he had seen a ghost.

"Don't go in there! There's some sorta... beast or some shit. I can't tell exactly what it is. All I know is, it's dangerous." He insisted, looking scared to death at the mere thought of facing it again.

Y/N opened the door a little wider, and peeked out. He saw an elegant library. Bookshelves lined nearly every surface inside, and the floor, while it was covered with dust, had carpet underneath it. The ceiling was higher than Y/N would have expected.

"We have to go in there. I don't like it either but what other choice do we have?" Y/N whispered. He didn't need to look over his shoulder to know that everyone else agreed with his statement. This place gave him bad vibes.

The group entered the majestic library softly. As they closed the door, a lamp fell, prompting that very monster to start running around erratically. It had an exposed ribcage and looked like it had its skin burnt off. It was extremely tall and intimidating.

"We're fucked.. aren't w-we?" Nasiir whispered. Y/N noticed he kept trying to hold onto Naz. If it had been anyone else, they would've helped Nasiir out, but Naz kept pushing him off.

Naz looked at the monster carefully. "That shit is blind man. Look at how it walks." Lo and behold, he was right. It stumbled throughout the library and occasionally hit itself on a bookshelf.

"All we need to do is get out of here.." Yanan whispered.

He went towards the left, Y/N went right and Naz was allocated to distract the monster. Nasiir was going to be the runner and open the door for everyone else. That was their plan.

Y/N ducked behind a bookshelf and so did Yanan. Naz just decided to tag along with Yanan while Nasiir tried to make his way to the other side of the library.

The monster appeared from nowhere and was headed towards Nasiir. It looked like his time was up.

"Hey, f-fuckfa-face." He said, trying to sound as menacing as possible. The monster stopped its track and turned to look at him. A grin split on his face, showing teeth that looked like sharpened knives.

"Ohhh boy.." Y/N mumbled under his breath.

"Shit this was a mistake.." Those were Nasiir's last words.

Yanan and Y/N watched on, horrified at what was going on. Nasiir was ripped limb from limb. Blood and gore poured down his body in streams from his torso. The thing roared in joy.

"Why isn't he moving!? What did it do??" Y/N whispered, panicking slightly. His eyes widened in horror when he heard his own voice. He sounded so panicked and weak.

Naz was grinning from ear to ear. "He's out of his misery now. I knew he would be dead in a couple seconds after that attack. And I told you so." He laughed. He sounded pleased with himself. He probably had figured out how to defeat this thing, too, which was a plus.
It was finally over. Naz and Yanan both breathed a sigh of relief. It wasn't good seeing their friend suffer like that.

Yanan was about to leave the hiding spot when he realized that Y/N hadn't moved since the ordeal started. Y/N had his eyes glued to Naz.

Yanan took his attention away from what was happening and picked out a random book from the shelf. He opened the book, and it revealed a symbol. 'O7'

Y/N did the same, not taking his eyes off of Naz. He opened the book and looked down. 'X2'

Wierd. Was there some kind of code involved in this..?

Naz pointed at the rest of the bookshelves. They could see a few books that stood out. They were going to be here for a while..

"If we find all the codes in the books maybe we can find a secret exit or a lock or some shit.." Naz said.

"Since when were you so smart?" Yanan punched him playfully on the arm. The pair made their way over to the bookshelves and begun searching.

They searched bookshelf after bookshelf. Each shelf had hundreds of books. After what felt like hours, they finally got all the codes written down.

The monster walked past them. This time, it went straight to the shelves on the left side of the room. That was where Yanan was. He looked at Y/N.

"Get in the corner, I'll distract it."

Yanan nodded and ran to a hiding spot. Just as he hid, he heard Y/N shout:

"Found another book!"

The monster turned around and started to chase Y/N. He managed to duck into cover under a fallen bookshelf just before the monster got him. The monster slammed against the bookshelf with enough force that the whole library shook. A loud crash resonated throughout the library.

He sat down, panting heavily. He leaned back, letting all the adrenaline leave his body.

He gestured to Yanan to come out. His friend gave him a thumbs up and made his way towards Y/N. Y/N was next to a sizeable door with a combination lock to match. The monster's claw marks littered the walls around the door.

"So this is why we had to find books.." muttered Yanan.

"Let's see.. 71801"

"71801" he continued while clicking away at the lock.

Y/N looked back and saw the monster arising with a bleeding head. As soon as it heard Yanan clicking the lock, it began to charge.

Yanan got the door unlocked and the three bolted through the exit, slamming the door behind them. The monster crashed into the door with a resounding bang.

Yanan was panting. "You ok man? You look pretty beat up."

"It's nothing." Y/N replied.