Chapter 3 - Derailment

Y/N followed behind them as they made their way into a creaky elevator. They went up and entered into a strangely well-kept lobby. The place looked clean. Even if it was abandoned, there wasn't anything strange about it. The interior contrasted to the outside a lot. Maybe it was nice but just hidden away from people, nobody really knew what kind of place was underneath this huge building.

The group were all quite miserable from the rain that had been pouring for the past hour or so. Y/N had taken refuge in the lobby along with the others after getting soaked by the sudden downpour.

"Heyy.. Y/N. You alright there, kid? You look a little pale." Rahil asked concernedly while trying to rub her friend's back. "You feeling okay?" Y/N smiled weakly at her.

"Guys sorry to interrupt your conversation but that key is calling me.." Yanan pointed to a key with 001 scrawled onto it behind the reception.

"Well someone probably stole that key. That's why it's locked" Rahil dismissed.

"I'm sure it belongs to someone at least. I bet it has something to do with security measures." Naz said.

Y/N rolled his eyes.

"If it was for security, how did we get in so easily?" Jasu pointed out.

"It's probably an inside entrance for some sort of emergency shelter. There are plenty of such places around the country. It doesn't mean the whole place isn't locked though." Rahil reasoned.

"Whatever. I'm curious and I'm sure everyone else is too.. right?" Y/N said looking towards the rest of the group. All of them seemed like they wanted to say yes as they glanced nervously between each other and Y/N. None of them actually voiced any objection however.

"Can we just go? You all take so long.." Jasu groaned.

"I call dibs on the key!" Yanan and Nasiir said at the same time. Both grinning wildly at each other like two children who'd found something exciting to share. Y/N couldn't help but laugh lightly.

Nasiir vaulted the reception counter and was able to grab the key first. "A- aw.. come on man that was unfair.." Yanan complained.

Nasiir just shrugged. "Let's just go!" He said excitedly dragging Yanan along as he skipped ahead of the others.

They all stood before a door labelled, '001' in large, bold letters.

Junjie. He was nervous. What if everything that happened here was just a bad dream or something? Wasn't it?

"Come on Jun.. don't be such a pussy.." Jasu gave him a dead, but reassuring smile.

His thoughts were interrupted when the door swung open revealing a dark room. The room seemed to be littered with dead lights on either side. Jasu stepped in first, followed by the rest. As soon as the group passed through the doorway, it closed behind them with another loud sound. Y/N stared in disbelief as to how the door had closed by itself.

Nasiir frantically ran to the door and tried to open it. He jiggled the handle, realising the door was locked. "Wh.. we just opened it..! Why does it not want to open?!" He exclaimed.

Rahil took out her phone, but realised it was dead. "Guys, we need to use someone's phone as a flashlight. This place is pitch black!" She said worriedly.

Everyone fumbled to get their phones out. Y/N glanced down at his phone. "This shit was 90% earlier.."

"Is anyone else's phone just dead?" Junjie said, a tone of concern in his voice.

"PSSST!"

It sounded like something was trying to get their attention.

"I feel something crawling up my back..." Junjie exclaimed.