Chapter 1

Requested by @VixiePlasek

The current time is summer break. 

(In My Hero Academia, the school year starts in April and then they have summer break a few weeks later.) 

You sit in your room listening to music when someone knocks on your door. You pause the music and pull off your headphones as Kyoka walks into the room. Looking up at her from your bed, you see the towel and duffel bag in her hand. 

"What's with the stuff?" you ask as you sit up and she sits in front of you on the bed. 

"I'm going to the school pool with the girls in my class," Kyoka explains. "I know you're going to say no but do you want to come with?" 

You looked at her with the blankest expression you could. "You're right, I am going to say no." 

She sighed and stood up. "Fine but you shouldn't stay in your room all day." 

"And be deafened by Uncle Kyotoku? Not a chance." 

"Fair point." She walked to the door. "Well, I'm going now. Bye!" 

"Bye, love you!" you called as she exited the room. 

She turned around and grabbed the doorknob. "Love you too."

Just as she was about to close the door you called out to her again. "Hey, stay safe, okay?" She smiled softly and nodded and closed the door. 

You sighed and flopped backward on the bed so that you were in a laying position after you watched her close the door. Unpausing your Spotify, you pulled your headphones up from around your neck and rested them on your head. 

You spent the next hour sitting in your bed listening to music and reading a book you had found in Kyoka's room. Your aunt Mika peeked into the room. 

"Hey, Y/N," she said through the small opening she created in the door. You didn't respond but took off your headphones to show that you were listening. "Your uncle and I are going to the grocery store, do you need anything?" 

Human essentials spiraled around your mind but nothing that you didn't have or needed came to you. You looked up at your aunt and shook your head. "No thanks," you say. "I don't need anything."

She nodded and left but didn't close the door on her way out so you waited until you heard the garage door open and shut the door. Now that you were home alone, you went to your desk and opened your laptop. You disconnected your headphones from your phone and connected them to the computer. 

You clicked the playback button to review your newest track. It needs a few adjustments, nothing that isn't manageable. Since no one else was home, you turned off your headphones and listened to it again, this time singing the lyrics you had written to go with them.

All of your music was hyperpop and electric. Well, from what Kyoka knows. You had recently composed a few songs that were more upbeat or very emotional. Ones that you really sing while hyperpop is more like talking. The song you are currently working on is the emotional kind.

You continued to edit and add to your song. Within the two hours of being alone, you made a lot of progress. You played the final mix and propped your leg on the chair and rested the notebook on your knee as you bobbed your head to the beat of the intro. Soon you were belting out heartfelt lyrics into the silence of the empty house. You didn't even look at the notebook to read the lyrics. You kept your eyes shut and let the words spill out from your heart. At the end of the song, you took a deep breath and smiled to yourself, ignoring the sound of your pillows falling back on your bed. A good singing session always had that effect on you. A sudden relief and pure happiness.