19| The "Dinner" Party

Insight into the chapter

"When you meet another woman who is kind of your competition plus his father always wanted them to get married, how will you react? What if his father still wants them to marry?"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

You got up from the couch, walked towards me and as you wrapped your hands around my waist, pulling me closer, you whispered, "It's really hard to choose one. How about we just stay here and you... wear nothing."

Heat crept up to my cheeks as I looked into your eyes and nervously said, "It is too late to cancel, Jungkook."

"Is it? I don't think so."

I gulped as you neared to my lips, knowing that if our lips meet, I won't be able to stop myself. So, before it could have happened, I pushed you away. "Jungkook!"

"What, Babe? You don't want it?"

"I never said that... but we need to go to that dinner party... for Yu Jun."

You bent down to see me in the eyes and with a faint smile you said, "You are a really good sister-in-law." You patted my head.

Sister-in-law!

"Choose one, Jungkook."

"The first one then."

"Okay," I said and ran back into my bedroom locking the door behind me.

I quickly wore the dress.

Oh, the dress is stunning! Jungkook has a really good choice in dresses.

You turned around to face me as I came out of the bedroom, and your eyes widened at the sight of me. A small grin across your lips as you walked up to me.

"My darling, you look absolutely exquisite."

"Well, you chose the dress after all. You have a good taste."

"I sure do. That's why we are together."

I chuckled and said, "Thank you so much for choosing me to be with you, Mr. Jeon."

You hummed in satisfaction at the sound of your name on my lips and reeled me in by my waist. "If you keep calling me that, that dress is going to come off."

"Maybe later."

"Are you ready to head out?"

"Yeah, let's go!"

Arm in arm, we left my apartment and drove off to the Jeon Palace.

-----

When we arrived at the house, I spotted an unfamiliar face checking her phone, she turned towards me, and her eyes widened at the sight of you.

"Jungkook!" she yelled upon your name. Her voice was piercing, and I flinched as she rushed past me and threw her arms around your neck.

You grimaced and patted her on the back. "Olivia... I didn't know you were coming."