07 | Who Is She?!

Insight into the chapter

"You finally get to meet the girl from the picture, but who exactly is she? His girlfriend? Fiancé? Sister?"

~~~~~~~~~~

You checked your phone, and a smile slowly crossed your face.

"Sorry, Eun Jeong. There is someone who should be here literally any second now that I would like you to meet."

"Oh? Who is it?"

"The most important person in my life."

KNOCK-KNOCK!

"Ah! She is here!"

She?

The door opened and a young woman with wide, kind eyes walked in.

"Hey, Jungkook!"

Oh my god! I recognize her! It is the woman I saw from the picture in Jungkook's things!

I got tensed as you placed a hand on the woman's shoulder, guiding her over to meet me.

If he had a girlfriend this entire time..., what am I going to do? Why am I thinking so?

She approached me and casually held out her hand for me to shake.

"You are Eun Jeong, right? I am Yu Jun."

"She is my little sister."

Little sister?!

"Oh! Is everyone in this family insanely good looking?" I asked.

"Did you hear that, brother? I am insanely good looking. And so are you."

"Oh wonderful! That will definitely go to your head, Yu Jun," you answered.

"What can I say? It is the truth!" I exclaimed as I reached out and accepted Yu Jun's proffered handshake, but her bubbly smile set my teeth on edge.

Something is not right here. She could be luring me into a false sense of security. And I have never met anyone related to the mafia who is this happy go lucky before. Besides, none of my intel told me that he had a sister.

Yu Jun nonchalantly sat on the edge of my bed and looked at me with a charming smile.

"So, my brother say that you are a massage therapist. Is that right?"

"I am. You?"

This whole conversation could be a trap. Keep me talking and maybe I will slip up. I should be on my guard. Although, it could be an opportunity. Maybe she is another info source?

"Oh, I am in college. First year of undergrad at University of Chicago."

"Really? That is very interesting. How are you liking college so far?"