Part Twelve

Louis has been staring at the pictures for a few hours, Harry and Scott working at their desks. Louis is about to give up and call it a day when he looks over the photo of a few years before he arrived at the orphanage. They boy that stands out to him is in all the photos, when Louis arrived at age 8 the boy looked about 15, he has the most familiar eyes and he can't remember where he's seen them......Until he does.

"Holy shit" he says as he sits up

Harry and Scott look up quickly

"What?" Harry asks

"You recognise someone?" Scott asks

"This guy, he...he was in the orphanage before me, but I remember him, he used to watch me a lot and I didn't think anything of it I was like 8, but now that I remember and it means something....he's like seven years older than me....he's the guy that saved me from the bathrooms......it's him...he would have been about 21 when it happened it was him....and I saw him today, he bumped into me. I apologised but it was his fault and his eyes...I swear it's him" Louis says basically in one breath.

Louis is one hundred percent certain this is the guy. Harry and Scott are on edge at the fact Louis could have been so close to this guy today.

"You're sure?" Scott asks

"Yeah, really sure" Louis says nodding

"Vincent Reeves" Harry says as he reads his name.

"Let's get as much on him as we can" Scott says

"Good job baby" Harry says as they both kiss Louis.

This is a huge breakthrough and hopefully they can catch this guy and nail him before anything else goes wrong.

By the time they get back to the motel Louis is exhausted and he's a little on edge. It's now just a silent agreement that Louis will be staying with Harry and Scott until this is all over, which hopefully after today won't be long.

Harry and Scott take their jackets off and get changed into their sweats after a long day. Harry orders some takeout and Scott grabs two beers and a coke from the fridge. Louis however, goes to the window that looks out over the carpark, he pulls the curtain back a little and just watches, trying to see if he can see anything. He won't admit that he's scared but he's definitely nervous
and it's obvious the killer is stalking him.

"Baby, come sit down hey" Scott says

They've been watching Louis and know he's obviously on edge but that don't want him to have to worry about anything. They want to wrap him up and protect him from everything.

Louis sighs

"He's out there" Louis says worriedly

"He's not going to do anything to you okay, especially with us around" Harry tells him

Louis wishes he could believe Harry. He trusts them immensely and feels so safe around them, but he doesn't want anything to happen to them either.

"Dinner will be here soon, come get comfy" Scott says patting the couch beside him.

Louis goes to get changed into his sweats first and then curls up around Scott on the couch.

"You're safe with us baby" Scott whispers as he kisses Louis on the head.

"I feel safe with you, I just...want it to stop" Louis says vulnerably

"We know you do darling, we will find this guy, it's our job" Scott tells him.

"Do you know how many unsolved murders we've had on our desk?" Harry asks then, as he grabs his drink and sits next to them both on the couch

"How many?" Louis asks sceptically as he sits up and faces Harry.