Part Four

The next two days pass slowly for Louis, he doesn't eat, hasn't really slept, doesn't really leave his bedroom and he's taken the next week at least from classes.

He hasn't heard from the two detectives, just Dan telling him they are looking into the third car and to try not to worry.

Louis can't though, he's scared if he's honest, he doesn't want to be accused of murder. The poor man he killed, he blames himself and the body on his windshield, he tries his best to block from his mind. .

Noah and Jake have tried to coax Louis out of his room, but they understand and don't want to push him, they will be there for him when he needs them.

It's Friday morning, Louis decided to have a shower and dress in his grey sweats and a navy sweater, socks on his feet. His injuries are feeling a bit better, he just feels bruised and winces whenever he moves suddenly or tries to sit down.

He makes himself a tea and is just settling in the lounge room when there is a knock at the door. Noah and Jake are out at classes so Louis answers the door.

He opens it to find an envelope on his doorstep, addressed to him. He looks around and down the driveway confused, he doesn't see anyone. He picks it up and takes it inside, closing the door behind him.

Before he reaches the couch he opens the letter.

"There's a reason for everything, you'll soon find out why I had to do what I did. Just know it's because you're everything to me" the note reads

Louis is so confused, he double checks that the letter is addressed to him and frowns. Something weird is going on. He takes the letter to his room and puts it in his bedside draw, he will deal with it later.

Just as he's sitting back down on the couch there's another knock at the door. Louis let's out a sigh and slowly gets up. He's feeling a little more sore now.

He makes it to the door and opens it to find Detective Styles and Wolf. They are both dressed impeccably in black suits, no ties, Louis can see their holsters around their chests and swallows thickly

Louis looks at them scared, thinking they are about to arrest him or something.

Harry and Scott take one look at Louis, the dark circles under his eyes and apparent weight loss and see he's not doing well. Something inside niggles at them, they feel a touch of sympathy which they don't really have for others, especially  when it comes to their work. 

"Can we come in?" Harry says, his voice even

"Ummmm" Louis hesitates

"We just have some follow up questions, we won't take up to much of your time" Harry tells him.

Louis doesn't respond he just opens the door further for them to come inside.

When Harry and Scott step foot inside the house, they are hit with a vanilla and caramel smell, the house has such a homey feel and it's immaculately clean.

Louis leads them to the lounge room, Harry and Scott looking around the space as they go, trying to get a sense of Louis and who he is.

"Would you like some tea or something?" Louis asks

The boys notice he's still limping and must still be sore

"No thanks, this won't take long" Scott says

Louis gestures for them both to sit down, they do so on the end of the couch, Louis makes his way to the opposite end and the boys don't miss the wince when Louis sits down.

"How are you feeling?" Harry asks

Louis looks at them surprised by the question, thinking they wouldn't care at all. They are just being polite he realises