Chapter 10: Jay

I woke up with my face in a soft surface. When I pulled my head back a little, I realized that it was..., Radha's lap. Holy crap. I immediately got up and sat straight. Everything from the airport came back to me. Radha being mad at me because I called her a piece of luggage. Her booking the Uber without me. Me joining last minute. And now I fell asleep on her. Shoot.

Radha was asleep, her head tilted on the window of the car. We will still driving. I checked the time. 2:45 AM. The driver saw me through the mirror and chuckled.

"Did you get some nice sleep in your enemy's lap?" he asked, taking a left into what looked like a courtyard.

I turned red and rubbed the back of my neck. "She's... not my enemy..."

WAIT WHAT??? WHAT AM I SAYING?? OF COURSE RADHA'S MY ENEMY!! RIGHT??

"Is that so? The young lady told quite a different story about you two," the driver said, parking the car. "Anyway, we're here now. This is the hotel. I'll help you with your luggage to the door, you wake her up and go to the front desk.

I sighed, but leaned over and shook Radha's shoulder.

She shook my hand off and squeezed her eyes shut. Stubborn sleeper.

"Radha, get up," I said. She didn't listen. Of course she wouldn't.

Finally, after shaking her for five minutes, she turned to my side and opened her eyes. Her eyes widened in surprise and her face turned red as she looked between us. Only now did I realize the distance between us. She and I were both sitting in the same seat, our thighs pressed against each other, and there was barely any space between our chests. Her wide eyes looked into mine again, and I immediately moved back.

"Sorry, uh, the car stopped, driver got down, we're here," I stuttered.

She didn't say anything. Instead, she just opened the door and bolted out of the car, slamming the door back. As if staying in such close proximity with me would kill her. And honestly speaking, I couldn't help but feel a little pinch of emotion in my heart. Sadness? Hurt? I couldn't tell. But it's 2:50 in the morning, and I don't think I'm thinking straight. Right now, I need sleep.

"Thanks," I muttered sleepily to our driver, who handed me my suitcase. Radha was ahead of me, already at the door of the hotel.

"I'll get going then," the driver waved and got back in the car. I just waved back and made my way towards the gigantic doors of the hotel. I walked in, and all I could say was..., woah.