Chapter 7: Radha

"I swear to god, these damn airports and their damn rules! They're making money off of all of us, it's ridiculous!" I grumbled as we walked back to our table in the food court. Jay coughed to cover up his laugh at my childish behavior. I threw him a look and he exploded into laughter.

"It's not funny! Why do I need to pay 10 dollars for a water bottle? A frickin water bottle!!!" I said, slapping his forearm.

"Ow! Don't take out your anger on me!" Jay shot back, still laughing.

"Do you see anyone else for me to take my anger out on? No."

"So? Hold it in."

"Hold it in, it seems!" I scoffed, sitting down and nibbling at my sandwich. It didn't even taste so good.

"We should get to the gate, time's up," Jay said, looking at his watch.

I sighed and grumbled under my breath. I can't even eat in peace with him here.

"Gate A101, please make your way here for the flight to Orlando, Florida!" the speakers announced.

"Come on, hurry up!" Jay said, grabbing my forearm and pulling me up. He grabbed his backpack with his other hand and started jogging toward the gate.

We showed our tickets at the counter, and the air hostesses welcomed us aboard.

"You both are such a cute couple!" One of them squealed while shaking my hand.

"OH, we're not a couple," Jay and I said hurriedly.

"That's what they all say," she said, winking at Jay. He turned crimson but didn't say anything as they assured us along.

"Seat number?" he asked me.

"L2," I replied, going forward.

"Wait, I'm H4," Jay said.

We both immediately sighed in relief. At least I didn't have to spend the 6 hour flight with Mr. Meany.

"Well, I'll see you in another 6 hours," I waved happily as he stopped at his seat.

I sat down in L2, thank god it was a window seat. This is my first time in a plane, and I really wanted to get a window seat.

When know one came, I put my backpack on the seat next to me. First flight, window seat, and the seats all to myself. Yessssssss!

"Ahem," someone said next to me. I saw a man in his late 20's. "This is my seat," he said, pointing to my backpack.

"Sorry," I mumbled, taking back my backpack and putting it under my seat. The man sat down and took up all of the armrest, leaving no space for me. He looked at me and grinned, giving me a crooked smile. Suddenly, I wasn't feeling so comfortable.

I looked forward to seeing where Jay was to find him looking back at me. He raised his eyebrows, as if asking What?

I pressed my lips together and shook my head. Nothing...

Jay looked at the man next to me and looked back at me. What's with him?

I bit my lip and saw the man staring at me again through my peripheral vision. I looked back at Jay with a pleasing look on my face.

Jay looked irritated, but raised his hand up to get the attention of an airhostess. He spoke to her and she nodded, walking towards me with Jay right behind her.

"Sir, would you mind moving to a different seat? The boy wants to sit with his girlfriend," the airhostess smiled.

Jay opened his mouth to object but then thought better of it and shut up. The man next to me threw Jay a hideous look before getting up and letting Jay sit down next to me.

"Stupid idiots, guys are always looking at me weird these days," I mutter as I buckle in my seat belt.

"Tell me about it, they're so dumb! They have such bad taste in girls," Jay said, shaking his head in disappointment.

"Are you kidding me!" I said, punching his arm. "I look perfectly fine."

"Keep telling yourself that," Jay smirked, leaning back into the seat and listening to the safety instructions.

Suddenly, the plane jerked forward, and we started moving. We weren't flying yet though, we were speeding up on wheels.

"It's just gonna go up from wheels into the sky?" I asked Jay worriedly, looking out the window.

"Yea. Wait, you've never been on a plane before?" he asked, an evil grin on his face.

I shook my head as the plane started to go faster.

"We go up really really high. And super fast. It's really scary, especially near the window seat," Jay said, dead serious.

I gulped as the engines roared to life, the buzzing sound entering my ears.

Jay looked at me and laughed. He leaned over and whispered in my ear. "Get ready for a near death experience, Ms. Sharma."

I knew Jay was exaggerating, but still. I was scared. Suddenly, the plane started tilting up, and I leaned against my seat. One look out the window, and I knew I was doomed. I threw my head back, squeezed my eyes shut, and grabbed the armrest tight.

God, please forgive me, I'm too young to die! I don't want to die, I don't want to die, I don't want to die, I don't want to die, I don't want to die.......

After what felt like eternity, Jay said,"Radha, we're in the air now. You can let go now."

I opened my eyes and looked out the window to see that we were on top of the clouds. The sky looked like a dance floor with all the stars shimmering brightly. I breathed a sigh of relief and turned back to Jay. It was only now that I realized I was gripping Jay's hand instead of the armrest. My eyes widened and I immediately pulled my hand back.

"S-sorry," I mumbled, avoiding his eyes.

Jay grinned and leaned closer to me, looking me right in the eyes. "Sorry, could you repeat that?"

"Sorry," I said, knowing he heard me.

"Oh Gods! The girl apologizes! Who knew!" Jay said, smirking.

I just rolled my eyes at him and looked back out the window. Suddenly, something poked my waist. I turned around and slapped Jay's arm. "What the hell Jay!" I whisper-shouted, glaring at him.

"Ow! What?" Jay said, looking at me as if I was insane.

"Why did you poke me?" I questioned.

"I didn't," Jay said, raising his eyebrows.

"Then what-" I looked down to see that it was the armrest. Stupid armrest.

"Never mind," I said. "I'm raising up the armrest, it's poking me."

Jay rolled his eyes and closed his eyes, trying to sleep. "You need to stop hitting people," he said, his eyes still closed.

"I don't hit people. I hit Trashcans like you," I smirked, leaning my head against the seat and closing my eyes.

"Only Devils hit Trashcans," Jay muttered sleepily. "Only Radha hits Jay."